Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys!

Ok so I've been on the regimen for almost a year now. It's worked well for the most part. As of now I only have two white heads that are barely noticeable and got one pimple that seems to be healing fast already. However I am tired of having to constantly use bp. Right now I've only been doing the bp at night and AHA + in the morning. Sometimes i'll do bp twice a day but usually will just stick the the AHA + in the morning. I want to try to stop using bp altogether because for a lot of people, including myself, bp can actually make your skin look worse by extending red marks and overly drying your skin. My main issue with the regimen is the red marks. I believe its due to the excessive use of bp that my red marks have lingered for so long. So my question is has anyone had any success converting to other products such as salicylic acid after being on the regimen for a while? If anyone could help out that would be great. Thanks!

It's worked great but you are ready to quit? Just keep in mind that while the Regimen may seem a hassle, it is often a much bigger hassle to be dealing with the stress of daily breakouts. Just some food for thought. We often forget how bad it was dealing with acne, once it has been cleared for awhile.

However, if you are determined to quit, I wish you luck. Neither Dan nor I feel that anything (including SA) is as effective as benzoyl peroxide for clearing up acne and keeping it clear.

You might browse through the treatment ratings to see what seems to be working for others. http://www.acne.org/rate.php

And here's some help with red marks. http://www.acne.org/faq.html#redmarks

Good luck!

It's worked great but you are ready to quit? Just keep in mind that while the Regimen may seem a hassle, it is often a much bigger hassle to be dealing with the stress of daily breakouts. Just some food for thought. We often forget how bad it was dealing with acne, once it has been cleared for awhile.

However, if you are determined to quit, I wish you luck. Neither Dan nor I feel that anything (including SA) is as effective as benzoyl peroxide for clearing up acne and keeping it clear.

You might browse through the treatment ratings to see what seems to be working for others.

And here's some help with red marks.

Good luck!

Thank you Brandy! Yes the regimen has worked but my skin isn't exactly where I want it to be with the red marks still being present. I've been using the AHA + to help fade the red marks faster; however my main issue with the regimen, and not to repeat myself, is that I believe it has deterred my effort in fading the red marks. If my red marks were completely faded I'd be doing the regimen full on in order to prevent further break outs. But since the bp seems to prolong hyperpigmentation, I'm trying to wean off of it a bit in order to give my skin time to heal. So I think for now I'm going to stick with bp at night and AHA + in the morning. If anyone agrees with this or has any other ideas don't be afraid to let me know.