Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
123456789q

Any good ways to ensure getting prescribed accutane?

It seems really hard to get, at least in my area. I've asked a couple dermatologists and they would not prescribe it to me, but I know I need it. Nothing else works, and I'm at my wits end here!

I've tried clindamycin, benzaclin, minocycline, tretinoin .025% and .1%, metrogel, and doxycycline, all for at least a month, some up to 6 months. Some helped for a short while, some only made my skin worse! I have pimples over most areas of my face, they are mostly papules and pustules though, i only have a couple nodules/cysts at any given time... but the papules/pustules are ALL over.

Also, I have a boat load of redmarks and I'm starting to get indented scars...so, i'm determined to get accutane. What are some ways I can make sure i am prescribed it?

By the way, I'm a girl, so i know that may make it even more difficult for me to get accutane.

Anyway, I'm looking for some ways to help my chances of getting accutane, I'm getting desperate here.