Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spacyuk

My Accutane Progress

Hi all

I have been suffering with ance for about 12 years, I'm currently 25. i get big cysts? on my jawline, neck and back.

I'm into my 6th week on accutane so i thought id post up my findings so far.

Side effects i have had are dry arms, hands, face, lips. Nose bleeds, joint aches and my least favourite constipation.

I noticed 4 weeks into my treatment that my blackheads around my nose started to fall out and leave me with some smooth skin.

Week 5 came along and i noticed the dryness on my arms and face disappear, also i did not have a single new spot appear so my skin is now looking the best i has for years. The only bit of bother left is my dry lips which need constant attention.

So far i would say all the negative effects have been worth it, the skin on my face looks a lot better already and hopefully in the next few weeks i can say the same about my back.

i hope that this luck can contiune and i dont get a massive breakout after posting this, i have attached before and after photos (sorry they are poor quality but you should be able to tell which picture has some spots a swollen lip due to a nasty one under it.)

My dose is 80mg and im on a four month course so still 2 1/2 months to go.

post-89171-1268073695_thumb.jpg

post-89171-1268073719_thumb.jpg

post-89171-1268073695_thumb.jpg

post-89171-1268073719_thumb.jpg

Good to see accutane has worked for you. I can't see any acne on your right photo :)