Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

fuss about nothing?

ok so last year after about 7 years suffering with persistent mild-moderate acne which was scarring, I was finally put on roaccutane which cleared my skin up.i thought it was sorted and the scars were beginning to fade. Recently it has come back, particuarly bad when i have my period. I went to the doctors and he basically looked at me as if i was making a fuss about nothing and said "what spots are we talking about" in a really patronising manner. I said i realised there was only a few whiteheads visible at the moment, but this is because it's just starting to clear a bit, plus it was blatently obvious that there were red scars on my face, which had been caused by my latest break out last week.

I've attached a couple of pics, I realise its not as bad as most people's acne, and it's not as bad as mine has been in the past, but I just wondered if you guys htink I'm making a fuss about nothing??

post-124223-1268072466_thumb.jpg

post-124223-1268072545_thumb.jpg

post-124223-1268072566_thumb.jpg

Bad acne, severe acne, moderate, mild, slight, baby, cystic, nodule.......whatever! Acne fn sucks regardless of what kind it is. If it bothers you than its a problem. Most dermatologist just treat the problem and not the patient. He's obviously not empathetic to your feelings. Find a new Derm.

And No! You're not making a fuss.

I'll give you a situation of mine

When I was on accutane, I would always complain that I would rather have red skin and small whiteheads than these big cysts. Well now that I beat all the cysts, I have red marks, some small scarring, I am still unhappy with my skin lol. So like Real Talk said, no matter what kind it is, it sucks, just try and be strong with it.

My skin always clears up right before I go to the derm too! I hate it. He always thinks whatever im on is working great when in reality its not. I just wanna be like "yeah it looks good today, you should have seen the monster I had on forhead last week." You have a right to be mad, even if it was one or two pimples.

My skin always clears up right before I go to the derm too! I hate it. He always thinks whatever im on is working great when in reality its not. I just wanna be like "yeah it looks good today, you should have seen the monster I had on forhead last week." You have a right to be mad, even if it was one or two pimples.

Omg this is fn me everytime too and which is why i was denied accutane but they never believe you. I pleaded my case that trust me its hardly ever like this and they grumbled like mmmhmm im sure.

To the OP, you have every right to complain about that, although it is nothing severe, you just endured a entire course of accutane and deserve answers. How long was it after you stopped accutane?