Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trailblazr

Raw garlic for acne??

I know this is a tried and true topic, I've seen the countless posts about it...but I want to post what I did today. I ate one clove of garlic after doing tons of research on hormonal acne. Let's just say, BLEHHHH!!!! I thought I would hurl for sure. My stomach is still doing somersaults! Anyway, this new bout of acne started 3 months ago, 6 months after I got off the birth control pill. Granted, I've had moderate hormonal acne throughout the years before the pill, but this is INSANE!!!!!!! It's everywhere, face, chest, back!! It's disgusting and I hate it. I can't wear any tank tops and when I go swimming I have to wear a damn shirt over my bikini!! UUUUUUUGGGH! I have tried so many things, went to the dermatologist from hell that recommended Tazorac...and let me tell you, there are those of you that may like it, those of you who may hate it...well, I'm joining the ranks of those who hate it. Then a barrage of cleansers, supplements, blah blah, nothing worked. Also, I'm athletic, I'm always biking, hiking, swimming, snowboarding, playing various sports, and using weights at the gym, which I go to 3 days a week. This obviously makes the acne even worse! My diet is good and I try to eat healthy most of the time, so WTF?? So anyway, I read the different posts on garlic usage from older posts, and I'm going to try it for myself. I noticed that some people wrote about how it cleared them up quickly, but I'm assuming these may be people with mild to moderate acne. Although I'm not 100% sure what qualifies as "severe" acne, I can definitely say that on my back and chest, it's everywhere, and my face is a little less, but still a lot! Not flaming red in my case since my skin is olive but still pink! I also read that garlic pushes acne to the surface? Is this like purging, then? Anyone have a garlic experience to share?

P.S. Feel free to post if you use garlic topically, but I'm only interested in ingesting whole cloves.

Birth control sucks ass and so do confused hormones! :boohoo::boohoo:

Edited by trailblazr

I heard it works, but have never tried it. It's one of those home remedies that works for one and they spread the word to others thinking it will do the same.

Its a treatment, not a cure. You should consider getting food sensitivity tests from EnterLab.com. Get the dairy, gluten and yeast test. Each is $99. Start with one test per month or something.

Also remember too, everybody's body is different, you might be more prone to breakout over dairy products then maybe someone else, and vice versa. So say if the garlic might work for 9 people, you might be that 1 person it doesn't and might make your skin worse.