Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karam

Why do some derms direct patients to split their dosage up morning and night, instead of all at once...

1) It's stated in the drug's insert under Dosage and Administration that studies have not been performed on once daily dosing so the drug manufacturer does not recommend that route since the effects are unknown. Studies were performed on split doses and all of the potential side effects stem from those studies.

2) Like HereComesTheSun mentioned, it's a powerful drug. Splitting up the dose throughout the day might make it easier for people to handle. When I was on 60mg I had to take the 40mg in the evening because that much made me extremely tired. I could function on 20mg in the morning, but not 40mg.

1) It's stated in the drug's insert under Dosage and Administration that studies have not been performed on once daily dosing so the drug manufacturer does not recommend that route since the effects are unknown. Studies were performed on split doses and all of the potential side effects stem from those studies.

2) Like HereComesTheSun mentioned, it's a powerful drug. Splitting up the dose throughout the day might make it easier for people to handle. When I was on 60mg I had to take the 40mg in the evening because that much made me extremely tired. I could function on 20mg in the morning, but not 40mg.

interesting. I'm on 60mg and I was recommended to do the opposite: 40mg in the AM and 20mg in the PM. It seems my derm gets really irritated and offended when I question his methods. He is such an arrogant prick! but...he has a low consultation cost :) and I don't have ins so that helps a lot. I'm going to ask him anyway, he can shove his cocky attitude up his azz...if thats even possible lol.

-Pasha