Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Want to start the regemin but I've used bp cleansers before and those irritated my skin imagine leaving it on

A lot of BP cleansers have a pretty high level of BP I think. I just googled it and one common BP cleanser for example, Clean & Clear, has 10% BP which can be very irritating for some people. So, maybe your face would be able to tolerate the 2.5% BP ok? A year or two ago I tried using 10% BP cream and my face hated it and was red as hell, burned, dryed out etc. It was just too irritating and strong. But, I'm able to use the 2.5% and my face seems to be tolerating it fairly well. I've only been on the regimen for a few weeks and my face is slightly red and dry in some areas, but that's just because my skin is still getting used to it. I'd say give it a try, unless your face reacted horribly in the past. Just remember, when using BP it's important to use a gentle cleanser and moisturizer (both that DON'T contain acne fighting ingredients). Using too many irritating products will only do more harm than good. You could always try applying the BP to a test area for awhile just to see how you handle it?

the cleanser i used was neutrogena clear pore and i peeled like crazy but I THINK it was cus i also used mandelic acid lately ive just use the cerave cleanser leave it on for ten seconds and rinse off im getting less pustules but my pores are still clogged