Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lunalover

So, I've quit the B.p for good

It's been about a week now. My skin is very dry and peeling, but I've only gotten a few pimples. I am still left with the many red marks that I have had (some for years)

Where do I go from here?

I'm not sure what products to use, what moisturizer to use..

I'm currently using an olay cleanser with salicylic acid, and I'd like to move on to something natural. My skin usually looks oily with most moisturizers.

And how do I get rid of these awful scars?

It's been about a week now. My skin is very dry and peeling, but I've only gotten a few pimples. I am still left with the many red marks that I have had (some for years)

Where do I go from here?

I'm not sure what products to use, what moisturizer to use..

I'm currently using an olay cleanser with salicylic acid, and I'd like to move on to something natural. My skin usually looks oily with most moisturizers.

And how do I get rid of these awful scars?

Were you doing Dan's regimen with the gentle cleanser, BP and moisturizer? If so, a week is not nearly enough time to be able to see any real results. It takes many people up to 3 months before they are clear. It's important to not continually change your skin care routine. When you change often, your skin never has a change to adjust and adapt to the new products. In my opinion, this can cause a lot of irritation, which can then lead to more acne. Keep your skin care routine simple. Use a gentle cleasner and a good oil free non-comedogenic moisturizer. There are several products that Dan recommends on his site. Here's the link http://www.acne.org/findingsupplies.php Check it out! :)

Good for you quitting BP is actually the best thing you can do for your skin, in the long run it will just make things worse and make your skin constantly red, also it causes long term wrinkling which is something you don't want as your older. It's good to think about the future too instead of a quick solution now. As for what you should do next, read the thread I posted at the bottom I highly recommend it!

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/light-us-t40303.html

Good for you quitting BP is actually the best thing you can do for your skin, in the long run it will just make things worse and make your skin constantly red, also it causes long term wrinkling which is something you don't want as your older. It's good to think about the future too instead of a quick solution now. As for what you should do next, read the thread I posted at the bottom I highly recommend it!

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/light-us-t40303.html

How does this explain for ones like myself that got acne at a late age though? I started at age 28.

Also i will get a few pimples here and there on my shoulders or back, nothing serious at all since its maybe like 2 or 3 at all times, but i only wash it with soap and water and never treat it at all since its so mild. Yet i still get acne there.

Edited by JayQ

Id much rather surrender 30 minutes everyday to doing a regimen than live my life by strict and for the most part arbitrary guidelines some online webnut says is a miracle cure..but hey...thats just me

I hear ya but some of it does make sense though. I had some mild acne on my face in highschool when i was 15/16 years old for about 6 months. Of course was due to hormonal changes but i never once treated it with anything or touched it, or thought about it, it never affected me like it does now. It cleared up eventually on its own and i was clear up until now.

When i started to get about the same amount when i turned 28 i freaked out about it, and started applying BP to it constantly, BP washes, cleansers, SA washes, Cleansers...etc. Now its been over a year and a half and i am still getting acne and have tried lots of things. Also everytime i get out of short mild showers my face is always peeling slightly. It never ever did this before and i had always wondered if it was due to all the drying chemicals i always applied to get rid of my acne.

If you go through the pages there are more than just him that has tried this and it worked for them, i have already read 5 diff ones that it worked for and i skimmed about 20 pages so far. Again i still find it a long shot to work, but so was ever deciding to try the harsh chemicals on the market.

Edited by JayQ