Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gattz

Probiotic Yogurts

I'm a little unsure about eating these even though I already bought them. So they are suppose to help get rid of yeast and bad bacteria, but they contain sugar. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose? Also, would the good bacteria even make it into the digestive system with stomach acid?

I've read a lot of similar criticism about probiotic drinks with added sugar. In addition, a good amount of bacteria is supposed to be destroyed from the time of manufacture and when it is purchased by the consumer. I personally think making your own kefir or yogurt is the best option.

I personally just think it's another way to market a product as "healthy" so more people will buy it, but in reality it's not. If you want to experiment with probiotics, it'd be better to buy pills that contain way more than you'll ever find in any yogurt and minus the sugar.

I'm a little unsure about eating these even though I already bought them. So they are suppose to help get rid of yeast and bad bacteria, but they contain sugar. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose? Also, would the good bacteria even make it into the digestive system with stomach acid?

Dude, you are going to have to be a little more specific than that. "Probiotic yogurts" means absolutely nothing. Is it grass-fed milk that you fermented yourself and are eating super fresh (Obviously not..) are we talking organic? Plain? Flavored? I mean seriously... you are comparing wholesome, traditional fermented milk (yogurt) with something like corn syrup laden, cake-flavored Yoplait...

Genesis Today - Nonfat Yogurt.

And another thing, they are made out of dairy. Isn't that another counter-productive ingredient? I am getting some probiotic pills though.