Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
monkeyisland90

Avoiding sun .. Playing Tennis

I'm trying to avoid sun but I play so much tennis outside that it's almost impossible. However, I'm in seattle where fall thru spring, isn't really sunny at all but i know uv/uva rays are still there but not as powerful. So I'm wondering if the following I'm doing is ok and pretty safe from the sun?

1. Play tennis with no sunscreen if weather is gray and dry (which is what seattle usually is)

2. 70spb sunscreen when sun is out (even if it is little sun) .. reapply after towel drying or every thirty minutes.

3. My moisturizer is spf 15 and apply morning and night.

So wondering if this is pretty safe or the fact i play 2-4 times a week outside.. i'm guessing not...

I want to visit seattle!!!,..haha sorry off topic

Sounds to me like it should be fine if you're using an SPF moisturizer (btw what are you using I've been looking into getting one)

But it is important to remember that even in cloudy weather the sun is still there!

So here's one way to tell if its too much for your skin:

Have you gotten a sunburn?

Though I heard somewhere there can still be cancerous damage even without the burn, I'm not sure thats true.

Its up to you really.

If you're okay with only putting on sunscreen when the sun's actually out, and your skin doesn't break out or burn or anything, then I don't see any harm.

Sounds to me like it should be fine if you're using an SPF moisturizer (btw what are you using I've been looking into getting one)

But it is important to remember that even in cloudy weather the sun is still there!

Though I heard somewhere there can still be cancerous damage even without the burn, I'm not sure thats true.

Its up to you really.

If you're okay with only putting on sunscreen when the sun's actually out, and your skin doesn't break out or burn or anything, then I don't see any harm.

Yeah it's a great city to visit for vacation but the weather can get under your skin if you are here really long like myself... but i'm immune to it now and I like rain lol ... I'm using the aveeno brand which was 15.00 a bottle. I've heard about uva ray when weather is cloudy but I never knew how much... I hope it's not too much cause i'm always outside when it's dry and cloudy... But I don't get sunburn here in seattle since it doesn't get hot enough unless it's summer... so i don't get burns.. but i guess i'm worrying too much over something and should just enjoy playing much tennis as i can ... just stresses me out when these thoughts of sun damage come up...

Its up to you really.

Yeah it's a great city to visit for vacation but the weather can get under your skin if you are here really long like myself... but i'm immune to it now and I like rain lol ... I'm using the aveeno brand which was 15.00 a bottle. I've heard about uva ray when weather is cloudy but I never knew how much... I hope it's not too much cause i'm always outside when it's dry and cloudy... But I don't get sunburn here in seattle since it doesn't get hot enough unless it's summer... so i don't get burns.. but i guess i'm worrying too much over something and should just enjoy playing much tennis as i can ... just stresses me out when these thoughts of sun damage come up...

Yeah for sure, its good that you're concerned though. Last year I was waaay lazy with the sunscreen and ended up with a hecka bad sunburn,..my nose actually has a faint indent scar from it x.x

Hmm,..I wonder if theres such a thing as cloud block! :o