Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Max Quin

Uneven skin tone on body (please recommend products)

I've been really annoyed with this issue for quite some time, I have uneven skin tone on my body, my face is darker than my chest, aswell as my shoulder and bicep areas being lighter than the rest of my body.

It's horrible, the reason this started was because I wore tops that would hide the areas I had acne during summer and most times of the year, due to about three years of being ashamed and hiding my acne, it has caused these areas of skin to become whiter, the skin in these areas has a very unhealthy look to it. Now that my acne has gone I want to wear something different for a change but can't :xxx::xxx: and that's only making the problem worse :xxx::xxx:

I really need help so far I've tried exfoliating the area and my body in general this had very minimal effect. I then came across St Tropez Everyday Gradual Tan Moisturizer, this worked wonders, but sadly I can't keep putting this stuff on just to mantain my skin, it's horrible feeling like I have to rely on some lotion, plus I really don't want my natural skin tone to change (which is a tanned tone anyway). I just want my skin back any ideas or product recommendations are much appreciated.

Maybe this could be due to some form of hypopigmentation due to my acne.

Nobody, I applied the tanning product again and my skin evened out, but I've ran out and it's horrible because when I even out using the product I'm confident again, but slowly my skin is returning to normal (well un-normal) It's a horrible feeling slowly losing my confidence dreading my skin tone become uneven as the lotion wears thin :(.

I'm in a similar boat, all the skin except for my face and arms is pretty unexposed, ie white as a ghost. I've been thinking about tanning, this might even out the colour so I don't look like so much of a freak.

I'm in a similar boat, all the skin except for my face and arms is pretty unexposed, ie white as a ghost. I've been thinking about tanning, this might even out the colour so I don't look like so much of a freak.

Well at least someone can relate, I'm planning on using Baking Soda as an exfoliator and lemon juice afterwards (in the shower), both of which even out skin tone then I'll likely tan, the reason I don't want to tan now is the areas will simply be uneven even after the tan and like I said I really don't want to change my skin color.

I'll post back the results in about a week or so.