Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mkpete4

How long does the initial break-out from Spiro last?

Hi everyone! I just started taking Spironolactone @ 100mg per day on 2/25/10 so it has been 10 days and I am still experiencing the initial break-out I have seen others post about. I was wondering how long this initial break-out lasted for others or if you experienced this at all? Thanks for your help!

-mkpete4

Mine lasted for five months! I would break out, clear up, couple days/week later break out AGAIN! I started spiro the beginning of June and it didn't stop until November. Misery! But I noticed the breakouts weren't as bad and didn't last as long as time went on. And my neck/back/chest cleared way before my face so I knew it was working. My skin is BEAUTIFUL now! It is so wonderful to make plans in advance and not have to worry what I'll look like. :) You just have to get to the other side. It's worth it.

mine occurred within 3 days and lasted like 2 weeks. and then I had another IB when my dosage was upped. I am a little over four months now and everything is looking great!! nearly clear!! woohooOO!!! ITSSSS SOOO WONDERFUL!!

I was on spiro for 9 months (not on it anymore) - when I started I had a small initial breakout, and it lasted about 2 - 3 months, but that may also have been because I switched bcps briefly during that time (from tri sprintec to yaz) and the hormonal fluctuation may have played a role. But stick with it, because I found spiro worked really well for me - hope it does for you too. good luck!