Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
catecat

accutane waiting process

hi, first off i have moderately severe acne mostly along my cheeks, and chin with acne also on my forehead that are mainly under the skin. i am also a girl if this matters. i recently went to a derm who said she would start me on accutane, but she wants me to to come back in 3 weeks for i guess a pre accutane thing. idk. what is the process? i know i have to pass two preg tests, but it says the 2nd test is supposed to be 5 days before my next menstral cycle, but i just ended it a couple days ago and my periods are irregular. also, tomorrow im going to the doc to get blood drawn anyways. can this speed the process of me finally getting put on accutane? ive waited so long as im sure most of you have as well. i just want to finally get this over with. please help answer my questions...thank you so much/

I had to have one set of labs, then a repeat pregnancy test after 31 + days. Once that one was negative I could log on to ipledge and start the process. It's a pain, but luckily it's only for a few months!