Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Michaelangelo

Call me crazy, but would this work?

I visited my sisters the other day and in the bathroom I saw some Diaper Rash cream for my niece. Its made by California baby. Check out the description.

Our all-natural, food-grade diaper rash cream includes ingredients such as ultra-purified lanolin, vitamin-grade zinc (12%) and vitamin E, in addition to organic tea tree and aloe vera. California Baby® Diaper Rash Cream contains our proprietary Calming™ aromatherapy blend which includes French lavender, known for its soothing, antibacterial, and healing properties.

Would this also make a good cream for bacne? Isn't the zinc in Head and Shoulders what is thought to be the reason people see success with that?

Diaper Rash cream for your back? Sounds crazy but who knows. What you think?

To be honest I would be weary of using it, I've never really heard of, or at least rarely do hear of zinc being using in a topical manner. The only time I recommend you use zinc is if you're taking a supplement. Other than that I don't know what else to say, most of the ingredients in the cream you're talking about I quite usefull for treating acne, it's actually not that crazy if you look at some of the products that work i.e an Aspirin Mask for instance goes to show that sometimes the unlikely things are great for acne, not to mention the cream was made to deal with rashes which in terms of treatment tends to fall in the same ballpark as acne treatments, if you look at stuff like Sudocream which is meant for sores not acne you can see why that will work as well.

I would say give it a go, no promises though.