Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
armando

Mild Accutane dosage for adults

I'm 27 years old and suffer from mild acne with extremely oily skin. For how oily my skin is, I'm surprised I don't have more severe acne. The problem is that my skin is so sensitive that I will always have a few active zits and am never completely clear.

I have tried Dan's regimen which worked for a few months but then started to fail for me. Honestly, I have been on every topical out there-differin, retin-a, you name it.

I have also been on erythromycin and tetracycline with no effect (I mean none).

I am really considering pushing my doctor to prescribe accutane, at least a mild dosage since my acne isn't that severe, but I'm worried about the side effects because of my age.

Are there any adult users of accutane that have had great results without the severe side effects. I don't want to make things worse or scar up.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Good questions armondo. I am almost 27 (next month) and I also have acne, and VERY oily skin. I am going to the derm next month towards the end of the month to see if they will prescribe me accutane. I am not sure about the low dosage, there is a lot of people here that can help with those questions, just wanted to say good luck, and you're not alone!

Do not worry about the side effects. I can tell you from first hand experience, there are no accutane side effects with prolonged low dose use, EXCEPT clear skin. You should push your derm to do this, and explain to him that other treatment options have failed you....there are quite a few studies showing low dose accutane being totally safe even in the elderly.

If your derm gives you problems...find another one.

Lemme know how it goes