Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Splouge69

Please Help regimen isn't working.

ive been on the regiment since late december, following it strictly by the books, (except for one 2 day tournament)

i use : Cetaphil anti-baterial gentle cleansing bar

Dan's BP

+

Nutrogena oil free moisture for sensative skin

and occassionally

Dan's AHA

Jojoba oil (desert essence)

I get acne on chin, jawline, and outside cheeks, usually not below-the-eye-cheek though.

I ALWAYS do the night routine, due to morning practices i can't do it in the morning, could this be effecting my skin negatively?

I have better skin than i did before the regimen. but i'm not clear. right now i have one underskin thing coming up, one active, and one at a head, so three altogether plus a buncchhh of scarring and hyperpigmentation. I usually have 2 actives now,

My chin is a mess i have like tiny whiteheads underneath my lip, and the skin on my chin has a sort of pink tint to it ;/ plus the normal acne occurances

PS: i've been getting more chestne from neck to my lower peck. they dont come to a head, they're just tiny red/pink dots that are raised.

any help? i'd think i'd be clear by now.

btw im a swimmer.

Could be that you're only doing it once a day, swimming, etc. It depends on the person. But 2 months isn't very long and I think a lot of people don't see complete clearing until 3 months or more.

Don't use soap on your face. No matter how "gentle" it claims to be, most of times soaps will do more harm than good on a face. Switch to a gentle liquid cleanser.

If I were you, I'd drop AHA and jojoba oil for a while until you completely clear. I personally wouldn't use AHA or jojoba oil, period.

Try switching your moisturizer and shampoo as well.

oooh shampu i think is a problem because it drips down my face, back, chest etc.

whats a good one that isn't as bad on my skin as my $1 bottle of White Rain lol?

Whats a good liquid cleanser?

Why can't you do the regimen after you shower after morning swimming practice? A lot of people (myself included) need to do the regimen twice a day to have consistent results.

give it longer. it took 4 months for bp to work on my face - and it even got worse before it got better. and i would also recommend twice a day applications. just keep at it. i know where you are at - it sucks to not get immediate results - but it will work if you stick to it.

I would say part of your problem is in the inconsistency of when you are doing the regimen. It order to be truly effective you need to do the steps twice a day. You should really try to do it after swimming in the morning.