Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
samanthapaige

Yet another tanning question...

So for spring break I'm going to palm springs. It's super sunny there and about 100 degrees. Anyways, I know I can't lay out obviously, but if I layer on the sunscreen hardcore (which I will do) will I get tan at all ? I'm hoping to get a little color, due to the fact that I'm ghostly white, and not just burn, or stay the same color. I'll probably spend all day in the pool vs laying out. Any personal experience, or friends experience ? Any information/advice would be greatly appreciated !

So for spring break I'm going to palm springs. It's super sunny there and about 100 degrees. Anyways, I know I can't lay out obviously, but if I layer on the sunscreen hardcore (which I will do) will I get tan at all ? I'm hoping to get a little color, due to the fact that I'm ghostly white, and not just burn, or stay the same color. I'll probably spend all day in the pool vs laying out. Any personal experience, or friends experience ? Any information/advice would be greatly appreciated !

if you dont got alot of red marks.. id def do it cause the worst that can happen is you get a little sun burn.. youll most likely feel if ur getting way to burnt.. im just trying to avoid getting sun while on accutane to give time for my red marks to heal as much as possible and then when im done ill tan and blend the little red marks left to the rest of my skin

my skin actually clears up alot when I get some sun, especially my back. Sunburn doesnt make mine any worse,. I do still use sunscreen so I dont get burned. But I wouldnt worry about breaking out or anything.

my skin actually clears up alot when I get some sun, especially my back. Sunburn doesnt make mine any worse,. I do still use sunscreen so I dont get burned. But I wouldnt worry about breaking out or anything.

Depends really on how high of an SPF you use. When I want some color, I use SPF 15 and just reapply CONSTANTLY (whenever I get out of the water, use a towel, or just think of it) to prevent burning. Use a higher SPF and it lasts longer, but I reapply even with waterproof.

My bf and I are pasty white and went to Turkey. I reapplied religiously, and he played in the pool. He turned beet red with a horrible sunburn:doh:, and I just had red cheeks. I think the sun refracting off the water didn't exactly help him! Hope this helps.

Have fun!!

Actually if you stay in the pool, you will absorb more sun because the water refracts the light in all sorts of direction.

Thank you ! So would you recommend a lower spf applied religiously, or a higher spf applied sporadically? Also, is it actually safer to lay out ? I thought that would be a big no-no, and being in the pool would be safer, but it seems like it may be the other way around...

Be careful!!

You burn so quick on accutane and the sun in the desert is soooo intense.

I had two burning incidents on tane...one was my lower back, I was bent over working in my yard and didn't realize my lower back was exposed.

The second one was the part in my hair, over the 4th of July, at the beach for a 4th of July parade.

If you miss one spot with the sunscreen you are going to cook, and it is a much worse sunburn than normal. Slather it on, use a spray because it's easier to not miss spots, and wear a hat at all times. Don't forget things like the tops of your ears and the tops of your feet.