Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jessica147

Differen has not worked for me sadly...

I'm 16 and I have been using Differin for quite awhile now. Maybe a year and a half? I started out with the 0.3 (I think) gel, but it was too strong and was severely drying out my skin. My dermatologist then gave me the 0.1 cream, which is still what I use today.

At first it worked decently, but after awhile I haven't seen any change in my skin. It hasn't made my acne "worse" but it hasn't made it better either. I use differin at night after I apply my moisturizer, and in the morning I apply moisturizer then add Aczone (which hasn't been helping either).

Anyone else have the same thoughts about Differin?

Maybe it's time to try something new. I used it before. Worked for awhile. Then it seemed as if my skin got use to it and it was useless. So I got put on something else

I have moderately severe acne and sensitive skin and have been using differin 0.1% for almost four months and have not seen any improvement. At first it seemed to help but after that it just started to level off from there. Maybe it is a better product for those with mild acne. I am also using clindamycin solution, benzoyl peroxide 10%, doxycycline 200mg a day and have just started using the ansr beam(10 min of blue light and 10 min of red light everyday). I will see the derm next week and hopefully she will change my treatment because clearly what she has me on is not helping.

I used differin along with doxycycline and to me, it was all a waste of money. It didn't really do much for me.

I have moderately severe acne and sensitive skin and have been using differin 0.1% for almost four months and have not seen any improvement. At first it seemed to help but after that it just started to level off from there. Maybe it is a better product for those with mild acne. I am also using clindamycin solution, benzoyl peroxide 10%, doxycycline 200mg a day and have just started using the ansr beam(10 min of blue light and 10 min of red light everyday). I will see the derm next week and hopefully she will change my treatment because clearly what she has me on is not helping.

Sometimes dermatologists like to make things way too complicated. They want you to use these nasty creams and then take pills..bllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Sometimes simpler is way better and more effective.

Sometimes dermatologists like to make things way too complicated. They want you to use these nasty creams and then take pills..bllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Sometimes simpler is way better and more effective.

I completely agree! It's like, i almost want to stop using all of my "fancy face products" and use something cheap! I know that if I do that, however, my face will probably go downhill. Blah. My derm. doesn't even listen to me half the time. I wanna take Accutane but she'll probably say no.

Aww, I've been on Differin 0.1% gel for 3 months now, and it isn't really doing much for me either. Going to use the rest of the tube, and discard and move onto the next thing. I read quite a few threads, where people said it didn't work for them either. Was hoping it would kick in over time - but it hasn't. Not looking good for the quest of lovely skin. Grr.