Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
southamptonfc

Worrying About Hairloss Driving Me Crazy!!

Hey there,

I have been taking 30mg/day for just over three weeks now,

and have been worrying about hairloss ever since I started my course.

My scalp has become really dry, which has just made me more worried.

If i ruffle my hair over a piece of paper I always find a couple of hairs, and I find myself noticing every hair which I loose. Is this normal, or does it sound liek I'm actually suffering from some sort of hair loss?

My sister tells me I'm being stupid- and she has hair which sheds quite a lot even though shes not on accutane, but I can't stop worrying.

Anybody have any advice?

cheers

yeah i think your sisters right. If you notice any more hair shedding be sure to tell your derm. You just need to be aware for side effects but not overly paranoid and become a hypochondriac.

everyone is different on this, both on and not on Accutane. I am actualyl having some hair loss, but would just say am "shedding" more. Derm thinks it's actually being caused by hair breaking due to dryness and wants me to baby it. Not something I would stop the course over though. You absolutely cannot make yourself crazy over this. We all lose hair and regorw hair constantly.

dont worry about it mate. Its normal to loose in the region of 100 hairs per day. As new hair comes through, older/longer strands fall out :)

hey, just realized you were the guy i spoke to a few weeks back. i was sweating over this the other week too but like i said, i researched it and i wouldnt worry about the odd hair. If you pulling lumps out then talk to your derm.

yeah-

In my rational mind I know I'm being stupid, but it's really frustrating., because since it is possible, nobody can ouright deny the possibility of hairloss, which means my derm always says "you're probably not", which isn't really reassuring at all haha.

Think I'll just cut my hair super short and forget about it :-)