Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
martyr

Simple, effective, clearing routine

This is going to be a long post, detailing what I've come across in relation to having generally non inflamed acne/blackheads and whatnot. If you just want my regimen scroll down.

Ok i started on the regimen 2008 about Christmas, i had wrecked my skin with different products and had mild/moderate acne all along my face bar the t-zone, which was blackhead paradise. This worked to clear me up well after three months my skin was great, still had the blackheads tho, but this wasn't really a concern. I kinda skipped the cleansing part and just used water, BP, and a really good moisturizer, this moisturizer was incredible, but unfortunately the company went bust and they stopped making it. One thing i noticed about the moisturizer was that it had jojoba oil in it, which i did a bit of research on and realized yeah awesome, that stuff helps.

After i ran out of this stuff i had to find another moisturizer, which i did but it just didn't work as well. One thing that i began to notice was that my skin was flakier, in the mornings tho. With all my observation I thought maybe jojoba was the key so i bought some of Dan's and tried a few drops here and there, and it helped.

By this stage my life started to become busier, and having time for the regimen was usually something i didn't have. So I looked up botchla's regimen, and thought this would be much more time effective solution. Problem was tho I could only get the blackhead clearing cleanser. So I only used the cleanser, and to my surprise it worked brilliantly, my oil levels balanced out after three weeks of using it and the blackheads were noticeably smaller/invisible. I'd found the perfect solution. Then clean&clear changed the name to Blackhead clearing scrub. After the cleanser ran out, I bought the scrub assuming it would work the same, but it didn't, started to break me out. So i was back to square one. I'd managed to figure out that SA was the key ingredient to clearing my skin.

Now after some research I looked up lion queens use of jojoba and thought this would be great for clearing my skin, but it doesn't work by itself. Eventually i stumbled across Paula's choice 2% BHA liquid. A PC BHA was also something lionqueen recommended , so i got the 2% liquid.

MY ROUTINE

This works, it just does, give it two weeks to balance and it will gradually get rid of marks, blackheads, make acne smaller and heal properly and all round make you look healthy and glowing. Basically I went from oily skin to normal skin in about two months, plus it's not usually tragic if you miss one.

I'm still perfecting this but at the moment it's pretty good.

You'll need, one bottle of Dan's jojoba oil, and a bottle of paula's choice 2% BHA liquid. Be sure to get the liquid. By the way I'm also male, this process allowed me to grow facial hair properly, without breaking out at all. If i need to shave i use an organic shave cream, I'm currently trialing some other stuff as well but this is the basic day to day routine.

Rule one: Be gentle on your skin, do not apply exceeded amounts of pressure.

Rule two: Be patient, I cannot guarantee this WILL work, but it works for me.

First step is usually I drag my ass outta bed, then I hit the shower, I use three things, organic shampoo, organic conditioner, organic jojoba oil. Organic shampoo is also cheap. So I wash my hair, but I wash it gently, then wash the crap out, apply conditioner let that sit, then I gently rub my face with jojoba oil, i use as much as i need to cover my face with it and just rub very gently for about five minutes. Then I give it a rise under the shower getting rid of the conditioner and some of the jojoba and get out. When I dry my face I pat it dry gently. Once I'm dressed and dry, I grab the BHA liquid and apply a thin layer of it all over my face, don't use a lot, this WILL irritate your skin as i found out. first time you might feel some stinging or discomfort, just wait till it subsides before washing it off. And yeah then after about 3-5 mins i splash my face with warm/hot (not boiling hot, just tap hot, but make sure it's warm to the point you can feel it) water. When i'm splashing i also press my hands up against my face with a little pressure, but still be gentle.

Before I go to bed I splash my face with warm/hot water, pressing gently as described above, then pat my face dry. I grab the jojoba oil and apply it to my face as is. There is no real defined amount you have to use, just use enough to cover your face moderately. Then gently rub it around your face, you should feel crap coming out, this is good. When the jojoba starts to feel like it's not as viscous anymore (basically it should start to feel thicker, you'll start to feel this after about 5 mins) splash your face with warm/hot water again at pat dry. Then apply the BHA in the same fashion as listed above and head to bed.

I've been doing this for about 6 months, but when my skin started to feel normal i got the impression that I could use stuff like soap on it. And then I went back to step one of having to re-balance my skin.

The theory behind this is tied to OCM ( which i tried recently, kinda works but i prefer this method.) and exfoliation as a way of clearing your skin. My pores seem to disappear when i use my method. The way I see it is that jojoba cleans the gunk out of your pores, and loosens the gunky waxy shit, and the BHA liquid cleans out the unabsorbed jojoba and any other crap that was loosened. What's strange is that after 5 mins the BHA liquid has pooled up in my pores and as soon as I wash it away the pooling disappears and my skin feels clean and supple. Not at any point do I rub vigorously at my pores. Also try not to squeeze, if you get a white head pick it off with some tweezers.

That's it, if you want to experiment with this, for example using castor oil is also effective in clearing you quicker, then feel free to go for it. But using just jojoba with the BHA liquid is the simplest method I've come across so far. I've currently ordered a jojoba bead scrub from aubrey organics, and am hoping to eventually use a completely organic regimen, but I'm still experimenting with different things to see what works best.

There's probably more I could add but feel free to ask any questions. I'll post pics of proof if you really do need them.

Thanks for the guide, it sounds like a really good regimen! I have used a similar idea myself in the past, washing with jojoba oil seems to be an amazingly soothing and gentle cleanse, but I find it really helps with getting rid of oil build up. Although I used clearasil pads which contain salicylic acid, but they seem way too harsh and never have much success.

Am very keen to try the Paula's Choice BHAs as they seem to get nothing but amazing reviews here, so might give it a go!

Do you not use any additional moisturizer? I would really like to find a good one with spf in.

im 42 and female and my main issue is an extremely pore clogged face with tons of whiteheads and blackheads. If i wash gently with my aveeno cleanser it leaves all this dead gunk on my face and doesnt clean my face. A scrub removes the crap but leaves me dry, red, irritated and just plain raw. I've tried jojoba oil many many times and thought it aggrevated my skin and added to my whitehead issue. They look like they are right on the surface (in my chin area) but when i use an extractor or tweezer a little "white line or plug" sometimes comes out but by morning its back again even though it was clear the night before. There are about 100 deep in my chin and crease of my chin. How can using jojoba cleanse the skin when i have concealer and makeup on? Do you find the jojoba brings everything to the surface? I also use Paulas Choice 1% BHA and feel it does absolutly nothing to eliminate my whiteheads. Help!!! Thanks

im 42 and female and my main issue is an extremely pore clogged face with tons of whiteheads and blackheads. If i wash gently with my aveeno cleanser it leaves all this dead gunk on my face and doesnt clean my face. A scrub removes the crap but leaves me dry, red, irritated and just plain raw. I've tried jojoba oil many many times and thought it aggrevated my skin and added to my whitehead issue. They look like they are right on the surface (in my chin area) but when i use an extractor or tweezer a little "white line or plug" sometimes comes out but by morning its back again even though it was clear the night before. There are about 100 deep in my chin and crease of my chin. How can using jojoba cleanse the skin when i have concealer and makeup on? Do you find the jojoba brings everything to the surface? I also use Paulas Choice 1% BHA and feel it does absolutly nothing to eliminate my whiteheads. Help!!! Thanks

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/-t272498.html, give this a go, a much much much more refined process, designed to get rid of scars and acne and clogged pores, as well as balance oil production

The problem I've always had with jojoba is the fact that I can never get it off my face! Any suggestions?