Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been suffering with acne since I was 9 and in 4th grade. At 12, in 1999, I started my first course of Accutane and again at 15 in 2001/2002. The only side effects I was aware of were extremely painful, dry, chapped lips. It got me clear for a little bit (a year or so) each time, but never completely.

Now, at 23, I've been off of Yasmin BC for four months (no particular reason) after 7 yrs on it, and my body acne came back with a vengeance! I went to a new dermatologist (oh, I moved to Israel so I don't have the same derm) and he recommended Accutane, saying that he has never come across a patient that needed more than a 3rd course, and that I'm the exception, as the first course has a success rate of 80%. :wall: I'm the lucky one!

I took it for two days (stopped taking it today), and then took a big step back as I kept reading the side effects, and realized I have a TON. I suffer from depression and have been taking a form of SSRIs since about 13. I had a bout of alopecia at 20, and I have incredible, constant, joint pain which has been recently diagnosed as fibromyalgia!

Alas, I am no longer taking Accutane, as my bf and I decided I should pursue other routes, rather than possibly exacerbate my health situations.

So I decided to go ahead and start Laura's regimen based on a PM confirming my suspicions that I have non-inflamed acne. So excited! eusa_dance.gif

These are the (local) items I will be using. Sorry for the long list of ingredients, but since they are made in Israel, there are not many returns on google for certain products!

Cleanser: L'oréal Pure Zone Exfoliating Gel Wash

Toner: Careline Delicate Toner (The only toner w/o alcohol I could find!)

Ingredients: Purified Water, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol & Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein & Adrenosine Triphosphate & Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Lecithin & Tocopheryl Acetate & Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride & Ubiquinone & Methylparaben, Fragrance, Benzophenone-2, Allantoin, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Methylchloroisothiazolinone & Methylisothiazolinone, Triethanolamine, D&C Red #33

AHA (in place of Glycolic Acid, couldn't find it): Soft Touch Nutrimoist Biomimetic Action Oil-Free Moisturizing & Nutritive Cream for Oily Skin

Ingredients: Water, C12y-15, Alkyl Benzoate, Glyrrhetinic Acid (AND) Pathenol (ProVitamin B5), Cyclomethicone, Propylene Glycol, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Benzophenone-3, Butyl Ethoxybenzoylmethane, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Soybean (Glycine Soja), Extract (Soy Isaflavones) Peg-40 Stearate, Jojoba, Borage Seed, Wheat Germ Oil, Sorbiton Tristearate, Lactic Acid, Grape Seed, Chamomile, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Retinol Palmitate, Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, (Vitamin A, E, C Esters), Bisabolol, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, CM-Glucan, Allantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Lecithin (Phospholipids), Carnosine, Silybum Mirianum Exract, Fragrance, Edta, Sodium Hydroxide, Dichlorobenzyl Alcohol, 2-Bromo-2-Nitro Propane-1.3 Diol.

Benzoyl Peroxide: Benzac AC 10%

Eye Cream: Soft Touch Eyelift Biomimetic Action Anti-Wrinkle & Firming Eye Cream

Ingredients: Same as other Soft Touch product (AHA cream) with: Ater instead of water, Farnesyl Acetate (AND) Farnesol (AND) Panthenyl Tiacetate (Unitrienol T-27), Carnosine

So excited! It's 1am and I have to go to bed, but I just wanted to post this before I go and start the regimen! YAYYYY!!

Edited by RachL809