Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I have been on the regimen for about 8 months. It has worked pretty well, not perfectly but that's ok. I recently ordered the AHA+ and have a few questions about it.

1) I have read other posts and information suggesting you can replace the moisturizer with the AHA. But i have also read to be careful with the AHA so it does not irritate your skin too much. This information seems to contradict each other. Anyone have a nice explanation for this?

2) I do not believe the AHA has moisturized my face as well as the moisturizer, leaving my face more dry. Can I put the BP on, then the AHA+, and then the moisturizer as well? or will the moisturizer mix the AHA, reducing its effectiveness?

Thanks! :)

You can use the AHA in place of your moisturizer, but not every single time. Using the AHA two to three times a week should be okay to start with, and if your skin handles that well, you can gradually use it more often. I wouldn't recommend using it more often than once a day, though, since it is possible to over-exfoliate and irritate your skin. (Also, be sure to use sunscreen any time you'll be exposed to sunlight for at least a week after any AHA use.)

There are people that use the AHA and the moisturizer at the same time. If you want to try it, go ahead and see how it works for you.

Hi,

I've just started The Regimen a couple of days ago. Haven't seen any improvements or worsening but I'm realistic.

I watched the video by Dan on how to use AHA and also read a few comments and they said that using it causes a burning sensation. However, I don't feel anything. Is this normal? Just wondering whether it's working or not as it doesn't feel the way people say it should. :think:

My Regimen

Morning and Night:

Acne.org Cleanser

Acne .org BP

Acne.org AHA+

Edited by nn305

Hi,

I've just started The Regimen a couple of days ago. Haven't seen any improvements or worsening but I'm realistic.

I watched the video by Dan on how to use AHA and also read a few comments and they said that using it causes a burning sensation. However, I don't feel anything. Is this normal? Just wondering whether it's working or not as it doesn't feel the way people say it should. :think:

My Regimen

Morning and Night:

Acne.org Cleanser

Acne .org BP

Acne.org AHA+

Using AHA twice a day to begin with aint the regimen.

I think that would be a bit harsh for the majority, if not all people.

Good luck all the same, hope you find something that works.

Edited by markbrown4

Really? I don't seem to have any problems with using it twice a day. No burning sensation or anything. Either my skin is really tough or the AHA+ is spoilt or it just doesn't work on me. :confused:

Are you sure it's not a part of the regimen? I bought it as a part of the Light/Moderate Starter Body Kit. Maybe Dan meant it's not to be used in the beginning for the facial area?

Edited by nn305

Really? I don't seem to have any problems with using it twice a day. No burning sensation or anything. Either my skin is really tough or the AHA+ is spoilt or it just doesn't work on me. :confused:

Are you sure it's not a part of the regimen? I bought it as a part of the Light/Moderate Starter Body Kit. Maybe Dan meant it's not to be used in the beginning for the facial area?

My bad, I assumed you were talking about the facial treatment.