Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have only been using Accutane for 6 days and my face is is so dry what can I use on it without getting more spots

Cetaphil facial moisturizer spf15 works amazingly ! Also, jojoba oil is good to use just at night, because it leaves your face shiny. Both have helped tremendously. Also, some people have used aquaphor on their face when it is extremely dry. I'm too scared to try it out, but it is non-comedogenic, and people swear by it. My face isn't dry enough to resort to that yet. Probably because of the products I use.

Edited by samanthapaige

Guest tofupup
I have only been using Accutane for 6 days and my face is is so dry what can I use on it without getting more spots

Aquaphor on lips, Aveeno calming moisturizer on your face (for when your face gets beet red from the accutane).

My dryness: patches and overall just annoying flaking off. yuck.

...but, I have been using Eucerin everyday face protection face lotion for sensetive skin, SPF 30. So far it is the best thing that I have tried - I showed my dermatologist my bottle yesterday and she said it is definately alright. I am getting random dry patches on my face as well and I "spot treat" the patches with Aquaphor healing ointment "advanced therapy for dry, cracked or irritated skin". It's like vaseline-y but is definately improving the dry spots. I am also using the Aquaphor on my lips and it is helping a TON. very soothing, carmex works too- not the chap stick part, but the kind that comes in a tube kind of thing. I don't know if there is a difference but the chap stick just seems to wear off quicker :wacko:

As with breaking out with the lotion or Aquaphor, I haven't had any breakouts that technically relates to the lotion. My skin is very sensitive to lotions and so far this has been working fantastic for me.

Hope I helped. Sorry for pretty juch writing an essay. Lol, I am just excited to have found those two things and they are really helping me out. GOOD LUCK! ;)

Cetaphil facial moisturizer spf 15 works amazingly ! Also, jojoba oil is good to use at night, because it leaves your face shiny. But have helped tremendously. Also, some people have used aquaphor on their face when it is extremely dry. I'm too scared to try it out, but it is non-comedogenic, and people swear by it. My face isn't dry enough to resort to that yet. Probably because of the products I use.

HI! I don't want to seem like I am tryign to be a know-it-all, but - just to offer you some friendly advice :) - If you are getting dry patches on your face, like certain places that are extra flakey- try to spot treat them with Aquaphor! It works wonders. I haven't had any signs of a breakout from it yet.

CeraVe is the best in my opinion. My derm gave me a little brown bag full of free sample bottles of it and it has been the best thing for me while on the course. Try it, and if you like it the CeraVe face wash is also great.

Everyone is going ot give you greeat suggestions but in reality you're going to have to keep trying different ones until you find something that you like and that works for you.

When picking a mosturizer....you're definetly gonna want something thats non-comedomgenic (if I even speled that right).....that means it wont clog your pores

Edited by RealTalk