Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

Hi, everyone! I'm currently in the 5th month of Accutane and wondering what I can do with my postinflammatary marks all over the chest, face and back when I'm hopefully 'cured' of the inflammation. Does anyone of you tried tanning to make the red marks not so outstanding by making the rest of the skin darker? I mean like doing it regularly to keep the darker color.

Tanx in advance

Posted
Hi, everyone! I'm currently in the 5th month of Accutane and wondering what I can do with my postinflammatary marks all over the chest, face and back when I'm hopefully 'cured' of the inflammation. Does anyone of you tried tanning to make the red marks not so outstanding by making the rest of the skin darker? I mean like doing it regularly to keep the darker color.

Tanx in advance

I am going to a tanning bed now...it's been about two months. Problem is my face isn't getting as dark as the rest of me because I wear makeup when I go in because I'm too embarrassed. I don't tan easily anyways and my face is the last to tan. I am hopeful that it will help at some level once I get my face a certain darkness (I hope). My upper back had some acne marks and the tanning there has helped them not be so visible, although to me they still are...but its two shades of brown, not white and red, if you know what I mean. I am sure a lot of people on here would advise against tanning, but I want to at least give it a fair shot.

Posted

honestly in my last battle with acne before the 2nd one began and i had to resort to accutane, i tanned it all out and it pretty much all faded and turned real nice. it pretty much helped me camflouge the marks and not worry bout them until they ended up healing themselves. so yeah in my experiences it worked out real real well. im white skinned but i do get tan when i go out in the sun alot.

but now i got another bout with active acne and tanning wasnt helping so i had to resort to accutane. now ive been 5 months without getting sun at all and im pale as a ghost and have alot of red marks on my cheeks. im also wondering the same thing, since next month i finish accutane and am planning on tanning to even out my skin tone. well see what happends, i just wonder how long my skin will be back to normal after accutane cause i wanna get my old tan, not just turn mad red.

Posted
honestly in my last battle with acne before the 2nd one began and i had to resort to accutane, i tanned it all out and it pretty much all faded and turned real nice. it pretty much helped me camflouge the marks and not worry bout them until they ended up healing themselves. so yeah in my experiences it worked out real real well. im white skinned but i do get tan when i go out in the sun alot.

but now i got another bout with active acne and tanning wasnt helping so i had to resort to accutane. now ive been 5 months without getting sun at all and im pale as a ghost and have alot of red marks on my cheeks. im also wondering the same thing, since next month i finish accutane and am planning on tanning to even out my skin tone. well see what happends, i just wonder how long my skin will be back to normal after accutane cause i wanna get my old tan, not just turn mad red.

anyone else?

Posted

What I do....and seems to kinda help is I put the tanning lotion on, ya know. Then on my pimples or on my post breakout marks I put sunblock on. I rub it in the I put a dab on it without rubbing it in. Like blot it ya know. So it eaves a white mark on it. Basically my whole theory on that is your just tanning your skin and protecting the acne and/or post acne marks. Then when ya shower later on and mosturize the marks wont look soo dark as your skin will be somewhat tanner

Posted

I guess you can tan to blend them in, I mean if you want them to last longer then usual... a season or two of them hiding but they'll last even longer then.. I suggest not tanning but I guess use a lot of spf to be safe.

Posted

Ive tried tanning as a quick fix to scarring, I am fair and hoped it wouldnt take long to sort out the skin tone. However scarring is damged skin and in simple terms has consricted blood vessels and naturally darker pigmentation than other skin. Therefore when I tried tanning the solution was...mottled to say the least and didnt last long so I may as well have thrown money away.

I would try light-laser therapy such as red-light (which I have used) for scars and active and blue-light for active only. While expensive these treatments work on a similar level to tanning but give permanent results. if you have some spare time 1-2 weeks you could try chemical peels or fractional laser resurfacing which can be more severe but more effective. Al these treatment are done in cosmetic clinics and are much safer than living on sunbeds etc. Try and research them a little on the web.

Hope that helps, best of luck with your skin guys!