Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pinkchips

Can you actually 'fill in' acne scars ?

Hi

I have just joined this site and i was hoping for some advice .....

I have had acne for 13 years ( i am now 26) and with the help of dianette i have it just about under control- i get the odd break at my time of the month but i can live with that !.

I have a lot of red marks all over my face and some pitted scars on my cheeks , not on my forehead or chin though . I use estee lauder maximum cover , neutrogena skin clearing powder and then blusher which covers the red marks perfectly and also the odd spot i get at t.o.m, it's great - covers very well and stays on all day BUT it doesn't do much to hide the pitted scarring however much i apply . I wondered if anyone has discovered something that does hide pitted scars?? mine aren't that deep and i guess that are more noticeable to me than anyone else but i would love to be able to feel completely confident about my skin for once . I have been paranoid about experimenting too much as certain products can cause me to breakout :-( .

I really hope someone has some ideas or suggestions :-)

Edited by pinkchips

i dont think u can do much for pitted scars. i have them to and ive tried alot of stuff and i cant do it. but makeup does make them less noticable. other people notice them a lot less than u think. maybe over time they will start to fade. hopefully mine will 2.

What I find best is using a sillicone-based primer. I use Smashbox Photo Finish primer in original and it really helps fill in any minor (and I mean minor) indents. If you have a large/deep scar, I wouldn't count on much to fill it in, but anyone applying make-up should use a primer anywho!

Axxith...is the Smashbox primer you mentioned ok for acne prone skin? I get nervous putting too much on but I'm wanting to try something to make my foundation look smoother.

Axxith...is the Smashbox primer you mentioned ok for acne prone skin? I get nervous putting too much on but I'm wanting to try something to make my foundation look smoother.

To be honest the smashbox photofinish primer may feel greasy (it hasn't broken me out), but definitely leaves your skin feeling velvet-smooth and after you let it set for 2-3 minutes, your makeup goes on beautiully. Smashbox also has an oilfree version (called light) which feels less greasy, but to me doesn't do the job right. However, if you don't use a primer I highly recommend either because a primer really holds your makeup on a lot longer without.

I recommend trying out their sample (.5 ounces) because it's $16 just for that, and $36 for 1 ounce, which can be expensive for a primer. But in my opinion, it's totally worth it.