Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brissyguy

Can peels be used whilst on the regimen?

I have a vial of Jessner's peel and TCA 15% which I won't touch after a couple of horror story posts on the forums! However, the red marks are really taking it's toll and I'd like to use them.

Can they be used whilst using BP?

Thanks guys!

[Previously posted the same thread with no response, so I'm hoping at least one person who has tried peels has tried them whilst on the regimen as well, sigh]

Desperate, BG.

If you're on the Regimen, use no other products, particularly not peels.

Most people really should not be doing peels at home.

I know, but some people have got really good results from mild TCA peels. I did a youtube search and there are alot of videos too. I was just hoping that someone's had prior experience with BP and peels.

My scarring and red marks are driving me up the wall. I've had TCA peels done in salon before but just 2.5% and 5%.

Hey,

It depends on your skin. I would say don't. And definitely don't do it the way it is done on youtube - skin peeling like crazy, people looking like zombies ;) . It might seem that the skin is better after such treatment, but I guarantee that you will end up with a permanent skin damage.

If, however, you decide to proceed with peeling, start with very low concentrations and very short times of exposure. Do not forget to neutralise the acid.

If you want to use something to get rid of the scars and red marks, try neutrogena healthy skin face lotion instead of peels. It has AHA (alpha-hydroxy-acid) which is also used in peels. It mainly works on the outer layer of your skin. Patience is the key. If you overuse it, it will irritate your skin and you will peel like hell (not as bad as after those peels, though). To avoid that, start slowly and don't use too much of it. And for the best results, keep on using it. I used to do that a bit more than a year ago. I loved seeing how my red marks just gradually peeled off without causing any damage to my skin. :)

Good Luck!

PS

love your display pic ;)

Thanks! =D

I've posted in like 5 different threads and made my own threads but you're the first real reply! I know, I'm just a bit desperate. I guess I'll just have to wait it out like most others. I wasted money and have the TCA 15% and Jessner lying in my cupboard. Oh well.

I have Dan's AHA which has glycolic (10%). I think I'll use it 2-3 times a week (like I have been doing anyway) and it should help.

Yeah, I've also got few peels lying around. Not to mention the piles of moisturisers and other stuff that "wasn't good enough" for me :P

One thing that can be done with Neutrogena AHA lotion (I assume that you can do it with Dan's too) is putting a bit more of it on (maybe even a thin layer) before going to sleep. Therefore it will speed up the process. Once again, be careful and start with little amounts.

Another thing I used to do: I used AHA cream to spot treat the redmarks that I wanted to get rid of (I didn't have that many anyway). I would put a small layer of the cream on and just leave it like that. Do not rub the skin afterwards because you might just tear it off. It worked quite well. But once again, I don't know your skin so be careful and do your best not to damage it.