Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blush1804

An Alternative Way to Prevent Dry and Flaky Skin

Hey guys,

I tried using Dan's regimen and it worked for me. However I couldn't bear the extreme drying and flakening of my skin. It looks like a snake skin and I wanted to hide. No Jojoba oil in the country where I live at the moment so I tried to stop using BP and just moisturize my skin. My skin was back to normal no flakes and dryness but numerous zits and acne came out. I needed BP so I tried using BP every after 2 days but I still have the horrible flakiness and dryness of my skin. My complexion is not as fair so it doesn't look good on me especially combined with dark spots and belmishes.

I have discovered this as a regimen:

Night before sleeping:

Wash face with mild (PH 5.5) facial cleanser

Leave skin to dry for 5-15mins

Apply BP to the affected areas avoiding the skin around the eyes.

Leave it overnight

Morning:

Wash face with warm water and mild (PH 5.5) facial cleanser

Leave skin to dry from 5-15mins

Apply moisturizer only.

I also eat fruits and veggies and taking cod liver oils (4capsules), vit c (1500mg) and grapeseed (2caplets) supplements everyday.

This regimen worked for me from avoiding flakiness and dryness. Now my problem are just my scars and my pillow cases!

Hm... interesting. I'm going to wait a month or so more until I'm completely clear to start this, and see if this works for me! Thanks for sharing

A similar regimen works for me too - except I'll usually mix a little BP with my moisturizer and jojoba in the morning and on rare occasion spot treat with it before the moisturizer and jojoba. But yeah, I'd agree with getting completely clear like Dan suggests first and then changing things to suit you.

Hm... interesting. I'm going to wait a month or so more until I'm completely clear to start this, and see if this works for me! Thanks for sharing

Welcome! I'm so happy I have a bump-free skin now! I am only dealing with my scars and it is diminishing day by day! :) I have also discovered a product that can peel off dark spots and scars. But it's too strong and makes your skin very sensitive. I use it only 2x a month. whenever i feel that i need my dead skin to peel off and I got to have a good timing like an off for 2-3days because the peeling and the reddening of the skin is really obvoius. Great results after the peeling. I do not use it with the BP. Now my journey to clear skin is coming near... I'm gonna post a before and after pics on this thread and on my galery about my progress!

Cheers and good luck! :dance:

Hey,

you don't have to wait to get clear. That's what I am using to get clear! You should try it. The BP is drying my bumps and I can see the bumps deflating in each use! :)