Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
overman

Will adding steaming to my regime be too much for my skin?

I have really sensitive skin, I was thinking about steaming maybe twice a week or so. I have bad redmarks and I am now breaking out a little from using Aqua Glycolic cleanser with whiteheads, do you think this will help?

I think my skin maybe be on the sensitive side as well and I've recently adding steaming to my regimen. So far I've been doing it every other day and I honestly love it. My face feels so clean after steaming and I've found after steaming is the best time to do a face mask (I use clay masks).

If you have access to a steam room at the gym that's even better. Its a complete toxin flush for your skin.....

Also you might want to add in a good moisturizer like Jojoba Oil for tha Glyolic Wash your using; you could be breaking out due to extremely dry skin....

PANIC

You're just going to have to try it and find out. No one here is able to tell you if it'll irritate your skin or not.

Jay326 is dead right!! Only you and you alone :)

By the way bear in mind that steaming is counted as a wash and never overwash your skin.

So if you steam make sure its with a wash.

Sometimes less is more you know.

I found steaming is only bad when done too close to the skin causing redness and even broken capillaries. We do steaming in a facial and it has many benefits:

it makes the skin sweat, flushing out impurities

softens the top layer of skin aiding exfoliation.

opens pores

improves circulation improving skin colour

I would not steam your face If you suffered with oily skin as steaming improves sebaceous gland activity making the skin produce more oil, however this means it is good for dry skin caused my BP :) x