Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm currently using tretinoin gel .025 (retin-a) nightly as well as a prescribed antibacterial face wash morning and night. My face is really peely and dry and I feel like I really need to give it a break once every other day or so. I was wondering if anyone could recommened a face wash to me that will work well for oily skin that's dried out (so strange)?

I don't know about washes, but with topical retinoids you should always start out using every three days, then after a few weeks move to every other day, and then after a few more weeks you can go to every day.

I always had that same problem. I used to use benozyl peroxide, but it would dry my face and make it red.

I just started using sodium sulfacetamide. It does not dry up my face or make it red at all. I am also using retin-A. The first time I used retin-A, I applied just enough to make a small visible layer. With topical retonoids, you don't want to do that! If you can't rub it all in and it is IMMEDIATE invisible, you're going to irritate and dry out your face.

Sodium sulfacetamide is expensive without insurance. But I am telling you, it is well worth it. One thing I noticed is that dermatologists prescribe sodium sulfacetamide LAST. For the majority of people (read the reviews), it actually works! They would lose a lot of money if they gave it to you first. Give it a try. It's well worth the investment.

Edited by rutgers7