Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amanda428

The Regimen vs. Hormones

Did anyone have luck with the regimen clearing up "hormonal" acne (the semi-cystic stuff on the chin)? That is my MAIN problem area, with a few on the nose here and there. But it seems like lately...the past 6 months to a year...my chin always has something actively growing on it. :( And they never come up quickly. In fact, I've been fighting the same clump of stuff (front and center, of course) since June of 2009!!! It comes and goes, comes and goes, comes and goes, etc.

Anyway, that's my main issue. I've been on the regimen for 4 weeks now. And I'm somewhat pleased. Just not that pleased that this hormonal stuff is still presenting a problem. I've been taking Omega 3's since November of 2008, thinking they would help...not real sure though.

So yeah...anyone have luck with the chin acne, and the regimen clearing it up? If so, about how long did it take?

Thanks! :)

I'm in the same boat you are. My acne is hormonal related too and tends to focus on my chin and I get those stupid cyst type ones. They are a bitch and I hate them! This is my fourth week on the regimen and my skin looks great so far. The pimples I did have on my chin have all healed now1 :) The real test will be in about a week and a half when I would normally have a breakout before my period. GRRR I REALLLLLLY hope this doesn't happen! Have you ever heard of taking Aleve 2x/day 10 days before your period starts? There is a study that was done and the people said it helped a ton. So, this month I am going to try it. Hopefully a combination of the Aleve and being on Dan's regimen will cause me to not break out anymore.

Thanks Jilly! Saturday will mark 5 weeks on the regimen for me. And while my chin ones have healed, they're still coming. :( I think all but one were already there before though...I just managed to suppress them for this long. I'm just frustrated because I really don't know if this is going to help with the hormonal stuff. I wonder if I need to switch up my cleanser/moisturizer. Right now I'm using Dan's stuff, but I see a lot of success from people (like you) who are using other things.

I actually have heard about the Aleve, but I never tried it. I'm just finishing up the hellish time of the month, so I'll have to remember it next time.

Btw, thanks for your reply. ;)

Thanks Jilly! Saturday will mark 5 weeks on the regimen for me. And while my chin ones have healed, they're still coming. :( I think all but one were already there before though...I just managed to suppress them for this long. I'm just frustrated because I really don't know if this is going to help with the hormonal stuff. I wonder if I need to switch up my cleanser/moisturizer. Right now I'm using Dan's stuff, but I see a lot of success from people (like you) who are using other things.

I actually have heard about the Aleve, but I never tried it. I'm just finishing up the hellish time of the month, so I'll have to remember it next time.

Btw, thanks for your reply. ;)

I've been on the regimen for about as long as you have, maybe a week less. I had a few more on my chin come up too, but like you said, I think they were already there to begin with. In the videos I watched, Dan said the regimen has REALLY helped women with hormonal acne. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed! In a week or two I will know if it really helps. If I break out again, I'm going to be pissed LOL

I think the regimen will work with a wide variety of products. People have had success using Dan's, or like me, using other products he has recommended. You are still pretty early in the regimen, so maybe give it more time. If you find you still aren't clear, you could always try switching your cleanser and/or moisturizer. But, keep in mind some people can take several months before they are clear and are staying clear. Hopefully it will come sooner than this for you! :)

Just out of curiousity, did you feel that you broke out less this month during hellish time compared to other months when you weren't on the regimen?