Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sanjoseskin

Subcision Publication

For those of you considering subcision, you should read this to gain more knowledge. It is a pretty good publication. Has lots of great info with pictures too. 9 Pages long and easy to understand.

reference:

Alam Murad et al. Subcision for Acne Scarring: Technique and Outcomes in 40 Patients. Dermatologic Surgery. Pg 310-317 Vol 31, March 2005.

For those of you considering subcision, you should read this to gain more knowledge. It is a pretty good publication. Has lots of great info with pictures too. 9 Pages long and easy to understand.

reference:

Alam Murad et al. Subcision for Acne Scarring: Technique and Outcomes in 40 Patients. Dermatologic Surgery. Pg 310-317 Vol 31, March 2005.

how can we read it?..it looks like you need some sort of subscription.

reference:

how can we read it?..it looks like you need some sort of subscription.

Hmmm, I didn't really think of that.

If you can't find it for free, then you might have to purchase it. Usually you can purchase single articles.

However, it is worth it. If you are considering these various procedures then spending a few bucks to get real medicaly published articles is better than getting false info doing a google search.

Google search engine wasn't designed to find punlications like this.

You can maybe try scholar.google.com? See if a free copy is up on there?

So if you don't want to puchase it, I just found this one, it seems to be free, I haven't read it yet, but the pictures look awesome, talks about different kinds of scarring. I still like that subcision article though.

here is the link to this other one.

http://www.hspe.phlnet.com.br/phl8/tc/art18.pdf

If you'd rather not pay for the article you could always ask your local librarian if you have access to it with your library card. Most libraries have Ask a Librarian services online if you don't have the time to get out to the library. :D

can anyone explain what exactly this treatment is http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal...=1&SRETRY=0 i'm not sure what it means and i do have tretinoin at home.

Hey, Iontophoresis is ususally used in lab experiments to deliver a charged particle via cathodes and anodes, charge by charge.

For example, if you are studying a receptor in a cell membrane, and you want to deliver precise sodium, or calcium currents, you are able to do so with exact precision.

I haven't read the article, but it SOUNDS FASCINATING! I can only imagine they are delivering charged tretinoin using a current to the skin.

HOLLY COW! I am going to read it tonight, awesome finding!

I have a rolling scar next to my eye and its pretty deep. But when the skin is stretched the scar completely disappears. I asked Dr. Lam if the filler(silicone) would help and he said probably not. He said he doesnt decide if fillers are appropriate based on if they pass the stretch test

Thanks for posting this info, Sanjoseskin and Engineer007. I had 3 sessions of subcision starting this January. It has been the most effective treatment I've ever had for my rolling scars. Anyone with scarring should consult a qualified doctor to determine if this treatment would be effective for their type of scars.