Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lara6

gluten free diet getting there...

Going gluten free has helped me a lot. I also take some supplements and drink green smoothies.

The oily skin is GONE, the acne is going away, but I STILL get clogged pores, which worries me b/c if I accidently have a speck of gluten or sugar, that clogged pore becomes a zit.

Anyone else have this problem? I don't know what to do for it...

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but alot people speak about gluten here. I don't know what it is exactly and what foods it's found in, can anyone fill me in? Like bread and stuff right?

Gluten is a protein within wheat. People who are gluten sensitive usually have Celiac Disease, the most common auto-immune disease in the world. Approximately 1 in 133 people have it at present, but they think up to 30% of the population has it. 90% of people at present don't even know they have it.

Unfortunately, gluten is in almost every processed food. Gluten is in artificial colors, artificial flavors, natural flavors, vanilla flavoring, alcohol, it contaminates rice milks and almond milks, it contaminates soy, it even contaminates "gluten-free" food products like rice noodles. The list goes on forever. Basically, the only safe way to live gluten-free is to make all the food at home.

I've been gluten-free for a month now and there is no question that my skin is getting better. It seems to be the cause of why I couldn't digest protein. So, although I must take 9 pills of HCl with every meal, my skin has improved about 15% in 30 days. I'm very curious to see if it continues to heal. It supposedly takes 2 months to heal completely.

Edited by Dotty1

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but alot people speak about gluten here. I don't know what it is exactly and what foods it's found in, can anyone fill me in? Like bread and stuff right?

Dotty covered it pretty well; but for a great site check out

gfcf.net and gfcf.com

Stands for Gluten Free Casein Free; tells you a lot about it, how it can lead to Autism and how to fight it.

PANIC

thanks for all the useful info.....I'm gonna try that cauliflower thing.

Anyone have an answer to my original question?

I found this gluten free recipe and it is immensely popular. It is called cauliflower poppers.

65 people rated it a 5 star recipe (5 out of 5!):

http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=18457.0

Cauliflower is used in a lot of bread replacement recipes like pizza crust, cheese bread and bread crumbs. You can find them in the gluten free recipe threads found in the pinned Food and Recipe Thread. You should add this recipe to one of those threads.