Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
warhead55

Just got done with accutane

I have been taking accutane for 6 months at 20 mgs per day (i weigh around 125 lbs). During the course it definently cleared up my acne, even though I never got a initial breakout. However, I'm now worried if the effects will be permanent? Meaning will my acne come back in a few weeks, even months from now?

I finished my accutane like 5 month ago.

notthing breakout~only sometime very little one breakout. but yesteday i breakout two big acne..~God dam it, two acne made me crazy

Okay 6 days since ive been off accuatane. results aren't good. my skin is definently getting back its oiliness, and i have a few red spots starting to appear again. ugh.

20 mg daily for 6 months is a very low dose. I'm around 150-160 lbs and I got 60 mg daily for 5 ½ months. I was nowhere near clear when I had the accumulated dose that you have now and am only now beginning to clear up for real, 4 ½ months into my treatment.

At that slow rate I think at least a year on accutane would be more advisable. Why did you get such a low dose?

Edited by Termolyt

Hello!

Well, I have been taking 20mg-40mg of Accutane for 10 months. I finished on 19th Jan 2010. After a month and a couple of weeks, i kinda broke out. I went to my dermo and he prescribed me some antibiotics and this Fucicort cream. He told me that its too early to decide whether he should put me on another cycle coz its only been a month or so. After 3 days of taking antibiotics and Fucicort cream, my face really cleared up. However, 2 weeks after, I am startin to get small pimples and Im starting to think its like little acne appearing slowly. Imma start putting some Fucicort cream at night and ill see what happens.

Please let me know what other things u experience coz im kinda in the same position as u r. I am not really sure what to expect next =X

Thanks!

I did 6 months of 40 mgs at 120 lbs.

I have been off accutane for three years and I'm still clear.

Edited by ScoobyDoo

sigh...so my acne is back and worse then ever. it sucks so much. im going to try to get put back on accutane at 40mg/day and hopefully this will cure it once and for all