Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am thinking of having TCA cross for small ice pick/scarred pores. For anyone who has, how much did it cost , what state and how many treatments did you have?

i personally think the risks of tca cross outweigh the benefits.

if you insist on getting it done, a study showed that 50 percent tca was effective on scars, without the complications of 100 percent tca. So you might want to be on the safe side and get tca cross done at a lower percentage.

I urge you to read everyones responses on this forum about tca, before you jump into it.

Edited by sanjoseskin

if you insist on getting it done, a study showed that 50 percent tca was effective on scars, without the complications of 100 percent tca. So you might want to be on the safe side and get tca cross done at a lower percentage.

I urge you to read everyones responses on this forum about tca, before you jump into it.

Even with a reputable Dr. performing. I know there are risks. I havent been able to find much on the cross method on the boards.

Even with a reputable Dr. performin?. I know there will be risks regardless of who the Dr is. I havent been able to find much on the cross method on the boards.

Dr Rapport in New Jersery specializes in TCA Cross Method. Call his office for a consultation. I've been to him for treatment of one pitted scar on my nose. I had a total of three treatments and now I can successfully used mineral makeup to cover it. Whereas before makeup application was a chore as the makeup would cake up inside the actual scar.

I am thinking of having TCA cross for small ice pick/scarred pores. For anyone who has, how much did it cost , what state and how many treatments did you have?

Dr Jeffery Rapport in New Jersey specializes in TCA Cross Method. Call his office (1201-227-1555) for a consultation. I've been to him for treatment of one pitted scar on my nose. I had a total of three treatments and now I can successfully used mineral makeup to cover it. Whereas before makeup application was a chore as the makeup would cake up inside the actual scar. The cost is $350 per scar. My overall sanity has improved since getting the individual scar treated.

Dr Jeffery Rapport in New Jersey specializes in TCA Cross Method. Call his office (1201-227-1555) for a consultation. I've been to him for treatment of one pitted scar on my nose. I had a total of three treatments and now I can successfully used mineral makeup to cover it. Whereas before makeup application was a chore as the makeup would cake up inside the actual scar. The cost is $350 per scar. My overall sanity has improved since getting the individual scar treated.

I've read really mixed things on that doctor...

Thanks for the input. I was actually going to see Dr. Rapp. but decided to go to Dr Frank in Mannhattan. According to him I don't have any true icepicks and I would benefit most from Fraxel Re:Pair. I am going to have it done in July.

there is no hope for us.we'll live with this scars forever.

its ruining my life right now.

$350 per scar? That's a lot more than my derm charges, and he's at Scripps Hospital which is pretty well-known. He was only charging me $600 per treatment for my whole face and I'm pretty badly scarred all over my cheeks.

I'm considering TCA cross but want to know more about it. What are some sites that sell it and what is the cost/ how much will this amount treat? Also, do you think TCA could be applied with a lancet but being cautious to avoid piercing the scar too much/at all? Also, for those that have had TCA cross would you say that you are satisified with the results and overall saw a greater improvement over negative results?

perfectcomplexion.net sells a 100% TCA cross kit, but if you decide to go that route be sure to try it first on one scar only. I tried several scars and the technique made them worse, not better. Everyone's skin reacts differently. Individual needling, with needles purchased from owndoc.com, shows promise for my particular skin, at least by not making the scars worse!

i looked into this and called around my area to see if anyone did it. found one dr that quoted 5 scars for $100, each additional scar $15. i'm too scared to go through with it i think given the risks.

TCA cross is very effective, and you don't need to do all the scars at once either. You can do it at your own pace.

In my opinion the risks don't outweigh the benefits whatsoever. Unless you are very clumsy, don't have good lighting in your bathroom/house/apartment, or you are very uncareful, you should really look into TCA cross.

TCA cross is very effective, and you don't need to do all the scars at once either. You can do it at your own pace.

In my opinion the risks don't outweigh the benefits whatsoever. Unless you are very clumsy, don't have good lighting in your bathroom/house/apartment, or you are very uncareful, you should really look into TCA cross.

Accutaneuser78, I'm assuming you've performed TCA cross on yourself before. Where did you buy the TCA? I'm interested in doing it myself. Also, I saw that you talked about colon cleansing in another thread. I'm curious what you used. You can send me a personal message if you're more comfortable with that. Thanks.

Has anyone notice that their scars look worse a few days after a tca treatment? I'm trying to figure out if my skin reacts badly to it in general or if it looks worse at first before it gets better.