Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thebignosebandit

I Just Want You All To Know I Got Your Back

I know i may never see you, meet you, or talk to you in person, but sometimes, i get really pissed off in reality. when, at 19, i see most of my friends grow out of the "pimple" phase, and i find myself stressing hours each day over my greasy complexion and bumpy face.

And to be honest, i have no one to talk to. My friends all have clear skin, and im too ashamed to talk to them about my problem. My parents just dont understand, and my brother has clear skin as well. Sometimes it feels like no one has my back, and the world just continues without me.

I guess what keeps me sane is knowing all your guys out there are going through the same thing i am. That provides a huge comfort zone for me. And i think, despite the fact that we are total strangers thousands of miles apart, we have some sort of connection as we fight together against this piece of shit disease called acne.

So ya, just know that if you guys get pissed off im here, in northern california, pissed off to, and ya, im angry, bitter, and jealous, and depressed, just as much as you are, so you are not alone.

All that i have left is hope, i lost confidence and comfort a long time ago, i have hope for tomorrow, and i rely on strength to endure during the today.

Feel free to Private message me and tell me about how pissed off you are, or progress on acne treatment, or IM me on the thebignosedbandit on aim, ill be around.

Listen, there is something out there that will hold us together and keep our pores unclogged, this fucking sucks and time is so precious, but we just need patience, god damn it fuck this disease. I guess for those of you, who like me, have friends and family who dont understand this disease or never had a zit in their lives, you can fall back on each other.....

Well I have 2 sisters with acne, and one brother who has it as well. So although I don't talk to them about it, its never awkward or anything in my family.

But you just have to remember that acne is what you have, it isn't what you are. It doesn't define you, you define you. It doesn't make you any less of a human being, or any more undeserving of affection/love/attention etc. Of course it affects your personality - it affected mine, but it doesn't have to control you. Thats what you need to remember - underneath the spots, you're a human being just like everyone else in the world....everybody has their own flaws, ours are just more visible than most. Sucks, I know, but I'd rather have acne than have everyone thinking I'm an asshole or a bitch.

But you just have to remember that acne is what you have, it isn't what you are.  It doesn't define you, you define you.  It doesn't make you any less of a human being, or any more undeserving of affection/love/attention etc. Of course it affects your personality - it affected mine, but it doesn't have to control you.  Thats what you need to remember - underneath the spots, you're a human being just like everyone else in the world....everybody has their own flaws, ours are just more visible than most.  Sucks, I know, but I'd rather have acne than have everyone thinking I'm an asshole or a bitch.

I feel ya .. acne does suck , even tho im in the early stages of it i hate every little spot on my face.