Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greg09

LEDman - which LED units for collagen stimulation and skin cell renewal???

Hi guys and gals,

Having been rolling for 8 months now I am finally going to take the plunge next month and get myself some LED lights.

I would like to get the best unit(s) to help scarring and also promote collagen growth to keep my skin looking healthy.

I would also appreciate if anyone had any links to articles discussing light therapy as the mojority of what I can find online is nonsense and the truth is that I have struggled to find much genuine factual information that advises on Led use or any that actually suggests it works.

Thanks!

Hey, there is no doubt LED's have a role in many dermatological office. LED's can even help with acne.

However, these are wavelengths of light you are playing with. You expose your skin to wrong wavelengths and you open the door to dimer mutations in DNA, resulting in skin cancer.

For this reason, I believe LED treatment should be done at a doctors office, using LED systems that are certified to be used for medical reasons.

Purchasing an LED from an unreliable source is dangerous. How do you really know the wavelength they advetise is true and consistant? You don't.

Don't take risks, plus these devices random people are selling are not even cheap. Go to a doctor, or purchase a medical grade LED system from a reputable company, even if it costs more, at least you aren't exposing your skin to dangerous wavelengths.

IF you insist on purchasing one from a random person building these, then you might as well just go lay in a tanning booth and get some dangerous wavelengths there too.

Thanks for the replies, I have spent a few hours today searching for info on light therapy for skin issues and am even more confused than I was before!!

Like sanjo mentioned, I do not see the use of LEDs as something trivial but am struggling to get good genuine advise on the issue. My doctor wrote light therapy off pretty much right away and said that I would be throwing my money away so now I have had to resort to trying to sift through masses of daft sites and moronic articles in a bid to try to find some sort of intelligent advice.

As for the skin cell renewal, I might have made that up - my brain is LED fried and I haven't even got the damn thing yet!!

red light, is very effective to clear the hemoglobin (red color) in the skin, by rosaceous, spiders or the red color of the scar.

Edited by eterna_maldicion

red light, is very effective to clear the hemoglobin (red color) in the skin, by rosaceous, spiders or the red color of the scar.

Have you used it for redness?

Have you used it for redness?

yes, is good

Hey, there is no doubt LED's have a role in many dermatological office. LED's can even help with acne.

However, these are wavelengths of light you are playing with. You expose your skin to wrong wavelengths and you open the door to dimer mutations in DNA, resulting in skin cancer.

For this reason, I believe LED treatment should be done at a doctors office, using LED systems that are certified to be used for medical reasons.

Purchasing an LED from an unreliable source is dangerous. How do you really know the wavelength they advetise is true and consistant? You don't.

Don't take risks, plus these devices random people are selling are not even cheap. Go to a doctor, or purchase a medical grade LED system from a reputable company, even if it costs more, at least you aren't exposing your skin to dangerous wavelengths.

IF you insist on purchasing one from a random person building these, then you might as well just go lay in a tanning booth and get some dangerous wavelengths there too.

just an opinion....... these devices are too simplistic....... the wavelength is preset with the bulb...

a blowdryer is more complex.

im more concerned about EMF radiation from a power line