Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kcr

Really need some help...Please?!

I'm 35 and still trying to find the right regimen, as I know many of you can relate! I've been trying to find info on Sprintec (the monophasic pill, generic of Ortho Cyclen), but all I can find is Tri Sprintec (which I was on for over 10 years) or Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo.

My skin did really well on Tri Sprintec, but it caused other side effects (extreme bloating, vaginal dryness, major fatigue, etc), so I got off it in November '09. I've been off the pill completely before and done okay, but this time has been different. By January my skin had started to become really oily (my scalp too). I started breaking out moderately on my back and chest, and even my scalp! Then I got a few on my neck, and now the whiteheads are starting. It's still moderate, one or two that pop up from all the oil right before my period, but I am not willing to wait it out to see if it gets worse.

My gyn thinks maybe the triphasic pills give me side effects because of the varying hormone levels, so she prescribed me Sprintec, which is the same hormones, just a steady dose the whole time instead of 3 different levels. I'm really hoping it will work well for me.

I know this monophasic version is not actually FDA approved for acne, but I'm really hoping since it's the same hormones it will at least not aggravate acne or make me break out terribly. Has anyone used, or does anyone know where I can find any info on how Sprintec (or Ortho Cyclen) affect acne? Again, not the TriSprintec or Ortho Tri Cyclen, but the monophasic version of these with the steady dose of norgestimate and estradiol.

Thanks so much!!