Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
happylife

Type of meat which causes acne

Hey there. I have been trying to find out which meat when eaten will cause acne. I have heard that eating pork is the worst, but I am not sure if eating beef or lamb is just as bad. Can you guys give me some ideas? Thanks

Right, well it's not so much the type of meat but actually how the animal is raised.

See grain fed, or corn fed, animals are eating a diet that isnt compatible with their body and are therefore sick animals, not to mention their meat is full of omega 6, which we get way too much of anyway.

On the other hand look for meats that are free range or grass fed. These are good quality meats and ensure the animal had a healthy life and in lieu will produce good meat for human consumption.

This meat is more lean has more omega 3 and a good source of protein and iron.

As for types of meat I avoid pork because many pigs have toxins and pork is for too much commercially proccessed. Eat Game, Beef, Lamb, Poultry. There are even some delicious really healthy meats such as venison, kangaroo, elk all high protein and very lean clean meats which bare all wild and not raised on a farm which means their meat will be fresher, healthier, cleaner and better.

Good Luck

Right, well it's not so much the type of meat but actually how the animal is raised.

See grain fed, or corn fed, animals are eating a diet that isnt compatible with their body and are therefore sick animals, not to mention their meat is full of omega 6, which we get way too much of anyway.

On the other hand look for meats that are free range or grass fed. These are good quality meats and ensure the animal had a healthy life and in lieu will produce good meat for human consumption.

As for types of meat I avoid pork because many pigs have toxins and pork is for too much commercially proccessed. Eat Game, Beef, Lamb, Poultry. There are even some delicious really healthy meats such as venison, kangaroo, elk all high protein and very lean clean meats which bare all wild and not raised on a farm which means their meat will be fresher, healthier, cleaner and better.

Good Luck

Don't forget buffalo. And they do raise those animals on farms, but to my knowledge they are pastured as they should be. No one is raising them in the horrific factories like most of our beef, pork and chickens come from. You can't abuse a buffalo like that. In fact, they can't even be herded. They move them from pasture to pasture by moving their water.

they don't say that. from a tcm view, pork is cooling and good for acne. I eat any meat with no problems.

Plus, dietitians state that meat should not be consumed more than once a week.
Edited by john1234

Good Luck

Don't forget buffalo. And they do raise those animals on farms, but to my knowledge they are pastured as they should be. No one is raising them in the horrific factories like most of our beef, pork and chickens come from. You can't abuse a buffalo like that. In fact, they can't even be herded. They move them from pasture to pasture by moving their water.

I actually forgot. I love Buffalo. Im sorry I was being ignorant in Ireland here pature feeding is mandatory in farms. And over here we dont farm venison and such but my dads best mate hunts deer and gives us the wild meat.

And Dotty you really shouldnt believe what dieticians tell us all the time.

Trying to sell an idea is their main priority, and they don't care about lying.

From your own article,

"The American Institute of Cancer Research recommends that people consume less than 18 ounces of red meat per week (the equivalent of a child-size fast-food hamburger per day) to reduce the risk for cancer, and the American Heart Association recommends limiting saturated fats to less than 7 percent of total daily calories. (Animal products, such as meat and dairy, tend to be higher in saturated fat."

That's more than meat once a week. and I don't need to ask for sources, because, frankly, I know most dieticians don't say that.

Instead of saying, "They don't say that," why don't you ask me for my sources?

Although most people would probably not agree with sourcing a CNN article, I'm just posting this link to show that some dietitians and researchers do say it:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/03/23/healt...span/index.html

they don't say that. from a tcm view, pork is cooling and good for acne. I eat any meat with no problems.

That's funny that you say that about pork and TCM I have read that before as well. I have tried to research more into it as to why TCM thinks pork is so great? I guess maybe they are still following ideas based from before pigs were fed and treated like crap?

That's funny that you say that about pork and TCM I have read that before as well. I have tried to research more into it as to why TCM thinks pork is so great? I guess maybe they are still following ideas based from before pigs were fed and treated like crap?

Well, pigs have been fed and treated like crap for a really long time, just nothing like today.

You could always become a veggie!

I don't eat much meat, but i tend to only eat chicken or maybe ham. I avoid red meat, but more about the taste rather than the health risks i have heard it may bring.

Edited by Marall

Well, pigs have been fed and treated like crap for a really long time, just nothing like today.

Ok well fine, so that makes the question of why Traditional Chinese Medicine thinks pork is such a wonderful food all the more perplexing!

Thanks guys, how about fish, for instance cod or salmon? I have been avoiding seafood as well as they contain high levels of iodine, which I think is actually one of the greatest cause of acne.