Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been in the never ending search for the appropriate breakfast cereal. I have tried a lot of the ones at whole foods, trader joes, etc. For right now I eat the Heirloom Cereal from Whole Foods.... I think it's by Nature's Path. I have tried Kashi cereals... such as autumn wheat... and just about everything....

I have yet to find a really low sugar, not too much fiber, no sodium, whole grain cereal with no vitamins added... any suggestion folks?

Thanks in advance!

Depends what sort of cereal your looking for. Ezekial is sprouted and should be almost gluten free. Sort of bland tasting but I enjoy it with almond milk.

Why not just eat oatmeal?

Personal preference... I like milk and cereal... and don't have time to cook in the morning.

About the Ezekial cereal... i've tried it... it's more like granola though... its very hard and doesn't quite work well with milk...plus it has a good amount of sodium

Oatmeal is not gluten-free. In fact, anyone who is gluten-sensitive should NOT eat any oatmeal unless it is certified that it was made at a dedicated oatmeal plant and has all these extra certifications.

A fruit mewsili (sp?) usually is a good option, got dried fruits and good wheat grain goodness too.

argh I was afraid I wouldn't get the responses I wanted lol.

I am like the biggest milk fan ever.. so milk and cereal for me in the morning is amazing...butttttttt bad for me... because even "healthy" cereals have more sugar/sodium than I want.

Why don't you make your own granola? You could bake up a big batch every Sunday and have enough to last all week. And best thing about this is, you could put whatever you wanted in it! Raisins or any dried fruit, any nuts, seeds, dried coconut, and you could make it as sweet as you wanted.

This one looks pretty damn good to me: http://thekitchensinkrecipes.com/2008/01/0...im-warning-you/

Or try any of these: http://www.mrbreakfast.com/subcategory.asp...subcategoryid=8

argh I was afraid I wouldn't get the responses I wanted lol.

I am like the biggest milk fan ever.. so milk and cereal for me in the morning is amazing...butttttttt bad for me... because even "healthy" cereals have more sugar/sodium than I want.

What about coconut milk??

Its amazing like and what cereals do you like most??

Well there is a difference between what I like and what I eat lol.... I think as acne suffer-ers we all know that.

I dare to say any cereal is good... especially since 95% are sweet.... Honestly I like every kind of cereal... but texture is fairly important to me. I like a cereal that doesn't get soggy but gets wet with milk at the same time, if you know what I mean.

Currently, I'm just looking to buy the least acne causing cereal.... and not granola lol, I appreciate the inputs but so many suggestions have been on muesli and granola which go well with yogurt... but not milk.

Edited by sowet

original shredded wheat, its just wheat and nothing else.

I've had just that a number of times... was my staple cereal for a long time... but honestly they have too much fiber. I always felt like the cereal got stuck in my throat or something....like the food never felt like it went completely down....it's a wierd feeling.

I've had just that a number of times... was my staple cereal for a long time... but honestly they have too much fiber. I always felt like the cereal got stuck in my throat or something....like the food never felt like it went completely down....it's a wierd feeling.

you can't have your cake and eat it too..sounds like you are looking for the perfect cereal to suite your oddball likes/dislikes, while still being good for your skin. sad to say that no such thing exists. I haven't touched cereal in years because of what it does to my skin...

I just about stopped eating cereal since I gave up dairy. because cereal with soy/almond milk is just nasty... I used to eat cheerios, regular cornflakes, Total, and honey bunches of oats- (I loved that one)

Edited by red2528

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I decided to retry ezekiel original cereal and it actually wasn't bad at all!!!! I think ill keep having that for a while!!!

viva organic milk! :P:P

I know.... I just wanted to state the fact that I drink organic milk :P

I can't go without drinking milk.... not only is it one of my favorite foods, but I think its healthy, and keeps me at a good weight...so.....yeah

Edited by sowet