Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
homersimpson

Finished accutane 2 weeks ago. Here are quick thoughts on it.

Ok so I was on accutane for the normal 6 months.

Pros:

Cleared my acne in about 2 months, and I only got like 3 pimples the whole rest of the time.

Got rid of my oily skin.(hopefully permanantly but from what i hear probably not)

Cons:

-I turned from brown to white. Yes I'm serious. I used to be brown[skinned] and now my face is a pale white. The derm told me i probably scrubbed my face too hard while washing my face and with the sensivity of my skin while on accutane, I washed the brown off my skin. Same with my hands. So now I look like a freak with white face/hands and brown arms and legs. Disgusting.

-My hair falls out a lot more than before.

That's my expierince wrapped up quickly.

My skin wasn't horrible before, It just wasn't great. I really regret taking accutane. I would rather have 5 pimples on my brown face, than having an ugly pale one.

Edit: I just saw the sticky. I will post this up there. You guys can delete this if you want, or leave it I don't mind.

Edited by homersimpson

Ok so I was on accutane for the normal 6 months.

Pros:

Cleared my acne in about 2 months, and I only got like 3 pimples the whole rest of the time.

Got rid of my oily skin.(hopefully permanantly but from what i hear probably not)

Cons:

-I turned from brown to white. Yes I'm serious. I used to be brown[skinned] and now my face is a pale white. The derm told me i probably scrubbed my face too hard while washing my face and with the sensivity of my skin while on accutane, I washed the brown off my skin. Same with my hands. So now I look like a freak with white face/hands and brown arms and legs. Disgusting.

-My hair falls out a lot more than before.

That's my expierince wrapped up quickly.

My skin wasn't horrible before, It just wasn't great. I really regret taking accutane. I would rather have 5 pimples on my brown face, than having an ugly pale one.

Edit: I just saw the sticky. I will post this up there. You guys can delete this if you want, or leave it I don't mind.

You can always risk a sun tan or try one of the artificial methods of tanning.

i noticed the pale face as well

i used to tan very easily, i took accutane about 3 years ago, and up till last summer, my whole body would tan with the expception of my face! i hated it, but luckily us girls can use makeup bronzer and its not so bad :)

but i am on accutane for a second time, and so i havent tried tanning for obvious reasons.

but yeah, its not big deal to me, i used to hate it but id rather have a paler face which can easily be fixed with makeup than having pimlples

sorry you didnt have a good experience, hopefully your color will return after time passes.

My brother took Accutane way back when and my mom also mentioned he turned "white as a ghost." He's got the same skin tone I do now, which is medium, so I assume his normal color returned.