Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryan91

Log to help me stop picking!!!

First off, this might be in the wrong section, if so I'm sorry.

Anyway, I've had acne for a while now. Never really bothered me until the past couple years. I finally decided to go see a dermotologist about 4 weeks ago and they put me on 3 things......

Epiduo gel at night

Clindanycin gel in the morning

Doxycyline mono pills in the morning

I've been doing as my derm said and I had cleared up great initially in the first week. However, after that my acne went back to normal. I think the problem is that I can't seem to keep myself from popping the really noticeable zits and pimples. I can go for 4 or 5 days at most before breaking down and popping all of them. I don't think the medication is getting the chance to do it's job because I'm messing with it.

So the plan is to post in this log every day to help me to avoid picking and popping my acne. Hopefully it will give me some extra motivation. What I really need to do is hire someone to just punch me in the face every time I start to pop a pimple!

Edited by ryan91

I dont get it. Like I know what the outcome wil be if I pop my pimple. I know it gonna get all red and infammed like and be like that for a few days and look worse than it already does. I know this. I tell myself this as I'm staring in the mirror with my fingers ready to squeeze but I cant help it. It's like a mental disease or something. I cant control it. I see that pimple and I want it off of me. So I'll squeeze, pop, scratch, pick, poke, prod, pull, anything to get it off of my face. But in reality i'm making it worse. I just dont get it. And I can not help you because I can't even help myself when it comes to this topic. I just dont get it. :think:

I dont get it. Like I know what the outcome wil be if I pop my pimple. I know it gonna get all red and infammed like and be like that for a few days and look worse than it already does. I know this. I tell myself this as I'm staring in the mirror with my fingers ready to squeeze but I cant help it. It's like a mental disease or something. I cant control it. I see that pimple and I want it off of me. So I'll squeeze, pop, scratch, pick, poke, prod, pull, anything to get it off of my face. But in reality i'm making it worse. I just dont get it. And I can not help you because I can't even help myself when it comes to this topic. I just dont get it. :think:

Same! I know it's not gonna look any better afterward, I just can't help it! Decided to start taking my contacts out before I go into the bathroom to take a shower. That's when I usually pick, so I'm gonig to try to eliminate looking at my face at that time all together.

Edited by ryan91

Day 2: Didn't pick at all today!

I decided to do this to a pimple that was forming in the corner of my mouth and didnt pop it or anything. It became a hug nasty pus filled whitehead and had so much pressure, but i was going to let this one go on its own this time and i did. I woke up this morning and it looked like it had popped it self and was starting to come out so when i took tissue to it, it like came off like a scab? Wierd so i thought well i guess dont have to drain it, it did it itself. WRONG. Now another whitehead has formed there again. WTF? Its like im damned if i do, and damned if i dont. should have just popped it myself, so this time im popping the bad boy. Doesnt make sense another whitehead formed there, cause after i removed it, i put TTO on it thinking it would kill the rest of bacteria, but of course my acne is the most stubborn of all and likes to fk with me. ARGH!

Day 3: Didn't pick. I know this is the easy part, in a week new pimples will start forming and it will get harder not to pop them.

I read somewhere that when you pop a pimple, it pushes the acteria deeper into the skin, I don't know if this is true or not.

And JayQ: I know exactly what your talking about. Happened to me a couple times. Hopefully I can avoid picking at anything long enough for the medication to do it's job. I figure obviously picking at it hasn't worked, so why not try something new.

Day 5: Didn't pick. Some whiteheads that I would've typically popped days ago opened up and went away after I took a steamy shower. Hopefully this works. Gettin to that point where I would typically pop it all so I hope I can hold myself back.

Day 5: Didn't pick. Some whiteheads that I would've typically popped days ago opened up and went away after I took a steamy shower. Hopefully this works. Gettin to that point where I would typically pop it all so I hope I can hold myself back.

You're doing better than I am. I still slip up a bit. Anything in particular working really well for you?

Day 12: haven't been around a computer for a while, but I've done much better than I expected so far. I popped three zits since day 1, which for me, is insane. Got another dermo appointment on Wednesday for a follow-up for what they have me on now. Hopefully they can give me something new because this stuff dosen't seem to be doing enough to make it worth my 43 dollars

You're doing better than I am. I still slip up a bit. Anything in particular working really well for you?

I take my contacts out before I enter the bathroom and take a hot shower. Steams mirrow up so I can't see myself when I get out. If I don't get right up in front of the mirror, there's no temptation, and I don't pop them.

My dermatologist prescribed me Minocycline today. I'm taking a 100mg in the morning and at night. I'm still using the Clindanycin gel in the morning and the Epiduo at night. They prescribed me some wash but when I went to the pharmacy they told me it was 75 bucks after telling me it was 12 over the phone, so I told them to suck it, I'd rather fill my gas tank.

Haven't picked for a while now though and my skin does look better then before.