Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karieme

Using the AHA before the BP?

Since the AHA is an exfoliator, it would seem to make more sense to put it on BEFORE the BP - has anyone tried this?

I always assumed that the AHA exfoliates over time....like a matter of hours.....so I put BP on first...And since most AHA products have other vehicle ingredients these would minimize how deep the BP can penetrate the pour. BUT someone who has to go to the derm this week should ask their doc and help out with this question..

There are people on these boards that do it both ways. It just comes down to personal preference and what works for you.

When I started using AHA, I applied it after the BP. But because it had a tendency to ball up a little, I switched to using the AHA before the BP. Both ways worked fine for me as far as acne went.

You can try using the AHA before the BP for a while to see if it affects your skin. If you find that you're breaking out more after using them in that order, you can switch back to using the BP first. If it goes well, you can continue to use the AHA first, if you'd like.

I always assumed that the AHA exfoliates over time....like a matter of hours.....so I put BP on first...And since most AHA products have other vehicle ingredients these would minimize how deep the BP can penetrate the pour. BUT someone who has to go to the derm this week should ask their doc and help out with this question..

Can I use the AHA and jojoba oil (as a moisturizer) twice a day? Dan said that he uses it once at night but never specified if more than once was a good or bad thing.. Thanks...