Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aliass

Gahhhhhhh go AWAY!

Hey guys

I've pretty much controlled my acne for the first time in 3 years or so now. I use dan's BP at night only and avoid ALL dairy products.

However! About a month ago a friend offered me a coffee and I said, yes please , black. He went and put milk in it accidentally and I had to drink it as he was right in front of me :confused:

Anyway, it gave me a horrid spot which I eventually popped (was a good one as well :D) . But 3 weeks on and I still have a spot there with what seems to be really hard, dried pus underneath?

I've been avoiding picking at it as nothing comes out, just stays under the skin! So my question is....

What can I do to surface this weird spot and get rid of it for all? I know for good, that it's going to HAVE to be picked but I just want to do it as safely as possible

Hmm what exactly does the spot look like? How big is it? What color? etc.?

:)

Not very big but very hard and stubborn, when i really tighten my skin it seems there is something white under it :\

I can sympathize. I've had something similar next to the corner of my mouth. It had been there for almost a month - my esthetician wasn't able to extract it, she said the core was really hard. I finally got it injected with cortisone 2 wks ago. The swelling went down a lot, but its still taking a loooong time for the core to break down. I think its finally starting to heal, but its definitely not gone yet. The derm told me to give it a couple of weeks to see if it heals before coming back in for him to look at it again. So, I've had this thing for nearly 6 wks now. I'm damn sick of it being there, I'll tell you that!

I think these are just really deep lesions that are sort of like nodules, just smaller. The one I have has never been really big, but definitely some inflammation and a hard core that wouldn't budge. I get these about once a year or so. Really, really hate them!!!!!

Hmm what exactly does the spot look like? How big is it? What color? etc.?

:)

Not very big but very hard and stubborn, when i really tighten my skin it seems there is something white under it :\

Wow, I think I have exactly the same thing (only it just popped up not after popping a pimple)! Mine, under my right eye, is not that big, but yes, hard and stubborn, and when the skin is stretched, its white (and its form is more spherical). When not stretched, mine is just basically the color of my skin although a bit gray and a tiny bit of red. It's not very noticeable to me so it isn't really bothersome but it would help to know what it is and how to get rid of it! xD

Hm, I'm guessing the lump is just pus just trapped in there. However, last year, I had another lump near my nose that was a lot like I described previously (only bigger and uglier). Since I got it on my birthday, I was very pissed, so I just rubbed it to hell. Because of my frustration and anger, I seemed to of taken off the top layer of skin (lol), that left a brownish, a bit moist spot underneath (although it was still a lump, just not as tall). It did not notice any pus or whatever underneath (unless it was the slight moistness), and clearly I'm not sure it it was even a pimple. Anyway, my self-denial torture lasted about a week (and I continued to rub more and more of the skin off when I deemed necessary, but never too much) before the thing scabbed over which took another week until the scab was completely gone. What was left was a tiny, mainly white bump that was hardly noticeable. With some scratching and medication (if it was even, acne), it disappeared. :] And that's my long story! xD

Anywho, I'm not sure if yours is the same thing or if my current one is the same thing, let's just hope we can both figure out a solution that is less... aggressive.. than mine. xD

Hm, I've been starting to put medication on my thingy to see if it'll come to the surface (if its even acne ARGH). If that doesn't work, I might try my previous.. "solution", lol.

Anyways, wish you best of luck!

Meh, I decided enough was enough. I have from Sunday > Thursday off from work so I thought I'd see if I can get to the bottom of this thing.

I picked at it and quite a lot of clear fluid came out, so I kept at it and more came out...

Now it's VERY noticeable and I pretty much have a big red mark on my face BUT I'm happier now than what I was before because there's a chance I've got rid of it for good when it heals up. I put up with the thing for 4 weeks and still no luck. I don't care what people say about picking, 4 weeks is way too long for me. Now i just have to wait for this horrific red mark to heal...

4 weeks is a long time! :o Happy picking! xD

If the spot leftover is mainly flat, you probably did get rid of it, or got rid of most of it. Just put some acne medication on, then later dab some neosporin when the prior solution dries. This will make it scab quicker, and prevent infection from bacteria. You probably won't be left with a scar, but if you are, put olive oil on it every night. If that doesn't work after several weeks, get silicone sheets or something for it. If it is a raised scar or depressed scar, this will flatten it, and also improve its appearance so you won't even notice it. There is also topical form of scar mediation you can use, but that is only really good if it is flat, and it usually doesn't work as well as the first suggestion.

Anywho, that's about 5 days off of work you'll have which should be more than enough for it to heal or scab over. If there is a scab, do not pick! lol Leave it be, no matter how terrible you might think you look (which you look awesome anyway, no doubt :)), it'll look a trillion times better if you let it fall off in time. :)

Best 'o luck!

BTW, random, bu I think my spot might be acne as well, giving it has shrunk a little over the past few days. w00t!