Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey,

For over a year now, i've been using BP; Panoxyl AquaGel 2.5 to be precise. However, my skin gets very red and very irritated.

I've tried multiple moisturisers; from body shop to Vichy, and in from the lines designed for heavily dehydrated skin. So, i don't think it's the lack of moisturisation that is causing it.

Although, I must express a late thankyou to this community. Over the year, my skin has improved drastically and is much more manageable. However, I'm sure you'll know the feeling of wanting that finishing improvement to your skin, and i'd like to get my skin in the best condition possible.

So, my questions are;

• How good is AquaGel, is it known to be a harsh product?
  • Are there any other, better BP products available in Britain?
  • Are there any other alternatives; perhaps products which could be prescribed by a doctor?

Thankyou in advance for any replies to my questions.

Some members have posted that, while PanOxyl does work to clear acne, it also leaves their skin redder than other BPs. A lot of people have said that switching over to Dan's BP has helped a lot.

I'm not sure about any other UK products, as I'm from the United States, but I hope you can find something that's less irritating. : )

Hey,

For over a year now, i've been using BP; Panoxyl AquaGel 2.5 to be precise. However, my skin gets very red and very irritated.

I've tried multiple moisturisers; from body shop to Vichy, and in from the lines designed for heavily dehydrated skin. So, i don't think it's the lack of moisturisation that is causing it.

Although, I must express a late thankyou to this community. Over the year, my skin has improved drastically and is much more manageable. However, I'm sure you'll know the feeling of wanting that finishing improvement to your skin, and i'd like to get my skin in the best condition possible.

So, my questions are;

• How good is AquaGel, is it known to be a harsh product?
  • Are there any other, better BP products available in Britain?
  • Are there any other alternatives; perhaps products which could be prescribed by a doctor?

Thankyou in advance for any replies to my questions.

Hi,

I use PanOxyl AquaGel because I think that it is slightly stronger and is good for my skin. I think that PanOxyl is one of the better BPs available. If you think it's too harsh try Oxy On the Spot which is 2.5% and available in most stores. In terms of alternative products: azelaic acid (Skinoren) is a really good topical (see reviews on this website) which tends to be better tolerated than BP. It is prescribed by a Doctor and may sting when you first put it on.

I hope this helps.

Little Sarah

Quinoderm 5% has been none irritating for me. it does ok, i am only just using alot of it now to see if it works any better.