Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ryan Valmont

Is the dry skin permanent on bp?!

Ok so i know it's natural to have dry skin after using bp...but i wanted to know as the weeks go on does it get less or not?.

I think it's gonna get on my nerves if i have to use moistyrizer ALL THE TIME while i'm on bp. (worries me it could be damaging to your skin in the long term?)

If it's permanent that might be a problem for me as i don't really think it can do your skin good other the long term!.

after 3 months I still have dryness but its cleared me 90% so Im not complaining. As long as I remember to exfoliate im ok

Using moisturizer is an essential part of a daily regimen, even those who arent useing BP should moisturize. The moisturizer on Dan's Regimen helps to balance the skin. The BP dries it... the moisturizer moistens it back up. Moisturizeing is my favorite part of the regimen!

Why do you not like moisturizing if it's beneificial to your skin? :think:

Using moisturizer is an essential part of a daily regimen,  even those who arent useing BP should moisturize.  The moisturizer on Dan's Regimen helps to balance the skin.  The BP dries it... the moisturizer moistens it back up.  Moisturizeing is my favorite part of the regimen!

Why do you not like moisturizing if it's beneificial to your skin? :think:

That is a huge debate.

Personally... I am getting great results useing the bp. Im not concerned with anything because I do moisturize every day. Even if I didnt use BP I probably still would moisturize. And the moisturizer is there to keep me from drying my skin out so bad in the long run.

If you are so concerned about BP and moisturizer... Why are you on this regimen? Perhaps you should look into other options. Or maybe just to the '"less is more" technique and just splash water on your face.

Just because you have acne does not mean that you should not moisturize.

Bp is causing dehydration in the skin so it is important to keep your skin well hydrated, this will not cause more harm to your skin, it will benefit it.

Just be careful and educated on the moisturizer you decide to use. Some that say "oil free", can actually cause more problems by clogging your pores.

I hope that this helps!