Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fahx!

how is my face oily dry and flaky at the same time

this is my third week on the regimen. i have been using all of dans products.

i upped the amount of bp i have been using until recently, as my face became flaky. i started with a small amount, day and night, and am now at one full pump day and night.

i tried for 2 nights using about a pump and a quarter at night, but my face got flaky the next days. i went back down to just one pump day and night, but the flakiness doesnt seem to have subsided. my active acne does seem to be clearing up though.

i am using 5 drops of jojoba oil with each moisturizer application, to hopefully reduce drying effects of the regimen.

now that i have been on just one pump day and night for about 5 days, my skin is still flaky. in the morning it looks fine, but after a few hours of being at class, my skin is flaky, feels kind of dry (when i move around my face), and when touched leaves an oily sheen. perhaps the oil is from the moisturizer/jojoba, but i was wondering what you guys think

any help is appreciated!

There is a difference between dry and dehydrated skin. Dry = lacking in oil Dehydrated = lacking in water.

If jojoba isn't working it might be because your skin isn't dry, it's dehydrated. Look for a decent moisturizer that hydrates the skin rather than one meant for dry skin as this will help put water back into the skin. Also make sure your drink enough water, boring I know. ;)

As for BP usuage, I don't know what to suggest. I have only been on it a week and have to use the horrible 4% cream version of the stuff as I can't buy dans because I'm in the UK and a little unsure on the tax cost etc.

Hope this helps x