Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
White Fox

White Fox' anti-candida log with pics

Fox: Good luck on the diet modification, I'd recommend adding in low gi stuff first such as sweet potatoes, non gluten grains like buckwheat and add in fruit last except for maybe berries etc.

About your point on Brenton healing Leaky Gut. I know you mentioned this briefly but it was my understanding that once you truly heal candida, you heal leaky gut because candida over-growth causes leaky gut. Maybe Brenton didn't completely heal his candida since he tends to break out right away when he slightly strays from his diet?

Is that why your taking Colostrum and Glutamine? To help with Leaky Gut?

I've upped my Coconut Oil intake to 5-6 tbsps a day and so far so good, felt slightly flu-ish and had some mucus build up in my eyes this morning but nothing too bad. Calories are building up slowly but surely, i'm around 2,100-2,300 a day now. I'll most likely push it up to 2,800 over the coming weeks.

One thing I've been doing lately that's saved me A LOT of time is preparing everything ahead of time. Before I'd get lazy and go by a bunch of food (meat and veggies) and other than cooking up a bunch of meat at once I'd prepare everything right before I ate it, which takes an @ss load amount of time.

Now I wash, cut and store all my veggies right away and cook up mass quantities of meat. It really makes eating meals a breeze. I'm also moving closer to eating every 3-4 hours like I was prior to this diet now that my appetite seems to be steadily increasing from the gym.

I'm just into Week 10, I believe I started just about 2.5 weeks after Fox on this regime. I got some big additions coming up too. Will be adding in a new anti-fungal to go along with the Coconut Oil and Garlic. And will most likely experiment with a colon cleanse consisting of Psyllium/Bentonite. I may do some liver flushing after that since I've heard A LOT of people swear by it, but not sure yet.

Also was going to go with Grapefruit Seed Extract for my new anti-fungal, but thorough research provided some interesting answers. Basically they say GFSE is highly processed and the anti-bacterial properties are actually found in the synthetic fillers not the actual Grapefruit. Furthermore, while many people rave about its ability to dis-infect, sanitize and clear acne when used topically, the long term effects of the synthetic agents in it are unknown. Also those who have an issue with citrus might react poorly to it.

So I'm going to most likely go with Oil of Oregano to be on the safe side, I'll also start incorporating Pau D'Arco tea a few nights a week. Mainly to throw 2 tbsps of Coconut Oil in it so I can easily get in 6 tbsps a day. I've really found that since I've increased it from 4 to 6, it makes me feel nausea.... actually just the thought of it makes me queezy! LOL

PANIC

How do you precook your meals exactly? Do you add fat while cooking or only after (fot the precooked meals)? Do you then store the meat/veggies in a box and take out portions and warm them up?

Don't forget to tell us if you find a good probiotic.

Btw, I'm now on week 7 of the diet (no cheating) with steady progress. I don't eat more than 3 tbsp of CO a day, i just can NOT eat more of it

Great replies guys.

Regarding the calories comment, yeah, that's definitely true that fat doesn't make you fat. It's just that, in my case, I'm trying to keep my calories around the 2,000 mark, and I use a lot of coconut oil already to cook chicken and turkey etc.

2k calories a day is fairly tough for me, I'm a big enough guy accustomed to 3,000 or so. I have some pics here. I'm extremely carb-restricted which has an unbelievable shrinking effect on muscle appearance. If I "carbed up" for a couple of days I would look much bigger.

(Yeah, I'm as white as a ghost)

The second one is a picture of my skin I took just a minute ago, showing slight flushing and the "speckled" acne.

Right now it looks crap and the picture doesn't do it justice. In the harsh, bright light of the morning it looks horrible. I should probably take a morning pic in natural light.

Edit: question about garlic - does cooking it destroy its beneficial, anti-fungal properties? I usually crush it and throw it on top of a stir fry, etc.

Edited by TalkingMonkey

you're fucking ripped man!

my acne looks exactly like yours btw.

about the garlic: I believe White fox already mentioned not cook it too long (or at al for that matter) because its effect diminiguishes.

White Fox, keep us updated with the colostrum, I'm really wondering how that will go

Edited by acne_combat

Panic!: Yes, I started Colostrum and L-glutamine to help with leaky gut. Also Colostrum is supposed to help candida.

Oregano Oil is a good choice, regarding the Grapefruit Seed Extract I've read it can be harsh on the stomach(killing everything), but I haven't got any science to prove it.

I don't know how you manage to eat garlic on a daily basis. If I eat garlic one day I will get comments that day and the day after regarding the smell.

TalkingMonkey: Regarding the garlic I posted some information on that earlier. The antifungal compound Allicin in garlic can be destroyed by heating. So the best thing is to crush the garlic over salads etc or toward the end when you're cooking.

And damn, you are huge! I can understand 2000 cals can be a problem for you.

acne_combat: I have to say the Colostrum has sucked so far, haha. I was doing good and were adding Colostrum as the last brick to help leaky gut. However, I've gotten some new acne on the chest and around the mouth due to it. It's either because the product sucks and the IGF-1 is causing me to break out, or I'm having some kind of healing reaction(??). I read in the Colostrum thread that some kind of healing reaction was to be expected so I'm not sure what to believe. I will update the first post if I decide to quit the product.

I'm not making the weekly reports anymore since I'm going on vacation and more very soon. Will offcourse keep you guys updated regarding the progress on the Colostrum

Edited by White Fox

Thanks White Fox and Panic. So drinking a lot of oils is the way to go. But doesn't it get one-sided to just eat meat, eggs and oils? And what about the nasty smell that you can develop when the body is in ketosis?

Not sure if I asked this before or if you already posted it, but what are all your symptoms at the moment that make you believe you have candida over-growth?

Thanks White Fox and Panic. So drinking a lot of oils is the way to go. But doesn't it get one-sided to just eat meat, eggs and oils? And what about the nasty smell that you can develop when the body is in ketosis?

Not sure if I asked this before or if you already posted it, but what are all your symptoms at the moment that make you believe you have candida over-growth?

* My acne problems started around the same time I was on several courses of antibiotics.

* My acne seems to get worse if I eat a lot of sugar like candy. It also get worse with dairy products.

* Slight white coating on my tongue. But I guess that's just normal?

* My acne got a lot better with high-dose vitamin B5. I've read that it can neutralize the waste products that Candida produces.

* Feeling "slow" and slightly depressed (but who wouldn't if they have bad skin?).

But I'm not sure if it's Candida overgrowth. Could be dysbiosis or bacterial overgrowth. Or something completely different. How can one tell? :confused:

The diet can get one-sided, but there's actually a lot of recipes out there. You can make a lot from eggs, coconut oil/milk, meat, fish, all kind of vegetables, spices, avocados,

Keep in mind that you probably aren't staying on the diet forever.

To find out if you have candida overgrowth my tip is to get on one-two strong antifungals for one week like Olive Leaf, Oregano Oil, Garlic and coconut oil. Also cut down carbs this week. If you have candida issues this will cause a die-off reaction.

Edited by White Fox

How do you precook your meals exactly? Do you add fat while cooking or only after (fot the precooked meals)? Do you then store the meat/veggies in a box and take out portions and warm them up?

Don't forget to tell us if you find a good probiotic.

I don't exactly pre-cook my meals, I just do all the prep work right when I buy everything now, rather than having to do it right before its time to eat. Cutting vegetables is a beeyatch.... at least cabbage! LOL Been going through 2-3 heads of cabbage a week lately since I'm raising my calories and carbs.

I buy chicken in bulk, so I'll take out a pound or so and cook that up at one time so I'll have enough meat for at least 2 meals usually 3. You really gotta be efficient, especially when your crunched for time.

Yeah I store all my stuff in giant freezer size Zip-loc bags and then whip them out and warm it up on the stove with a little Coconut Oil.

Definitely keep you posted on the pro-biotic I end up choosing. I'm going to do a colon cleanse in another week or two as soon as I get done researching all my options. Deciding between P&B shakes are enemas....uggh!! LOL

Btw, I'm now on week 7 of the diet (no cheating) with steady progress. I don't eat more than 3 tbsp of CO a day, i just can NOT eat more of it

Nice bro!! That's awesome and definitely should get props, that takes dedication and its great that your serious about this too! About the Coconut Oil, I totally hear you on that. I was doing 4 tbsps a day no problem and now that I've upped it to 6 it makes me sick to my stomach!

Little trick I'm going to try tonight is to put 1 or 2 tbsps in Pau D'Arco tea and see how that goes. I don't think I'll do the tea every night though and to get up to 5-6 without any trick I highly suggest having one tbsp right after you eat. Then waiting maybe an hour and going for another and slowly build up to 6. I literally gulp it down, feel queezy, down some water, then I'm good.

Monkey: Your in solid shape dude! I can imagine what carbing up would do to your fullness. Your acne looks more rash like than acne. And I could be wrong due to the picture quality but it doesn't look cystic, you shouldn't have any problem getting clear by the end of this all.

Fox: Yeah I read that GFSE could potentially kill all bacteria in the gut as well, not a good thing after I've worked this hard to get things to where they're at now... not taking any chances! I'll keep you updated on the Oregano when I start and the detox/flushing.

About the garlic, I was slacking on it big time a few weeks ago, only having a couple cloves 3-4x a week. I did more research on garlic after I read your post a few weeks ago and they really tout it as a Candida killer and wonderful healer, so ever since then I've been on a mission to down 3-4 cloves a day minimum! LOL And bro, trust me I do reek...hahaha, but my social life has suffered a lot already that I don't mind. I look at it as a temporary situation to get back on the right track, smell or not! LOL When I visit my parents, my mom is always like "umm you stink!" LOL

Enjoy the vacation bro!!!

Sweedy: Yeah it gets a bit boring for me at times, eating virtually the same $hit for over 10 weeks will do that to you. But I'm just so determined to get this candida back in check that I'll eat whatever to get it right.

About ketosis, from what I understand you have to be close to zero carbs to be in keto. I'm up to about 50-60g a day so I don't think I'm in ketosis anymore, most likely was in the first month when I was eating almost nothing! Regardless to combat the body odor, breath etc, I brush or floss after every meal, use natural deodorant and shower real good. But the bottom line is your gonna stink when your detoxing and killing toxins. Whatever! As I said if it gets me to the promise land, stink away!! haha

Yeah your symptoms except for the depression sound very similar to mine. However I definitely was depressed to $hit when all this first started happening and I had no idea what was suddenly go on. I think the depression has more to do with suddenly breaking out than anything else, but I could be wrong. Candida is such a strange thing, it has so many different symptoms.

PANIC

The following threads inspired me to do an anti-candida diet:

- Great Acne Treatment; the Best, actually

- A greatly overlooked cause.....how I got clear!!!, +With before and after pics.

- "Diet isn't related to acne..." Bullcrap! Here is my proof!, before & after pictures with my acne clearing regimen

- CLEAR SKIN FAST 100%

- Candida Diet

- A string theory for Acne

My problems:

- Acne(mostly forehead, chest, shoulders, back)

- White coated tongue(espescially bad in the morning)

- Stomach issues(rumbling, diarrhea at times and the general feeling that something is wrong in my digestive system)

- Anal itch and upper body itch

- Fatigue

- Extremely sore muscles after workouts, running++(Mineral/vitamin deficienses due to leaky gut??)

What I eat:

- Vegetables: Mainly cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, ruccola, lettuce and onions*

- Fruits/nuts: Avocados, organic coconut milk* and coconuts*

- Seafood: Mainly salmon and canned tuna

- Meat: Mainly chicken and beef

- Dairy: Clarified butter

- Oils: Cod liver oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Extra Virgin Coconut Oil*

- Spices/herbs: Cinnamon*, garlic*, sea salt, black pepper, ginger*, cloves* and oregano*

- Tea: Organic green tea

- Pills: East Park olive Leaf extract*, Probiotics, L-Glutamine, Colostrum*

* = Antifungals

Foods to maybe add later:

- Eggs(Have had problems digesting them in the past)

- Olives

- Nuts(Might be causing breakouts)

AVOID:

- Gluten(Mild digestive issues + not possible to eat on anti-candida)

- Dairy, but not butter(To be on the safe side, might incorporate kefir in the regimen after a while)

- Sugar+fruits(A given to exclude on anti-candida)

- Organic sauerkraut(fermented product that gave me terrible digestive problems)

TO DO LIST:

- NOW Candida Clear??

- Oregano Oil

- Bowel/liver flush

Ummm where are your pictures??

No one's under any obligation to post pictures.

(Though I welcome them)

Regarding garlic - I sometimes eat about 6-7 cloves a day, if not more, as long as I know I'll be having minimal human contact that day and the next. Pity it stinks so pungently, because it tastes great.

Sort of off-topic question...

Most of you don't really get facial flushing - you're lucky as hell.

Usually by the time I finish lifting weights (40 minutes, high intensity), I look like beetroot with zits. The bright glare of the mirror in the gym is a horrifying post-workout sight. If I keep the intensity low, it doesn't look too bad.

So, I wonder does continually flushing in the gym exacerbate facial redness in the long run?

I also wonder if weightlifting contributes significantly to acne

I have to say fuck the colostrum. This product is just bad.

Offcourse it could be that I haven't been on it for long enough, but it's just making everything a lot worse and I'm quitting it. Hopefully it did something good in the week I've been on it.

Edited by White Fox

btw, i have read alot (including that interview that Dan did with that phd guy ) that skin tend to just clear up quite a lot by being on a restricted caliorie diet ... but when the weight 'levels' out and you stop loosing weight the skin returns back to how it was before ...

Panic - have you lost a lot of weight on your diet so far ?

Monkey: Regarding the flushing, according to Bee a flush is a good sign. It means your body is releasing toxins, she even encourages the use of the flush version of Niacin, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I know a lot of people have thought that weight lifting makes their acne worse, but I just don't believe that, although it might be an individual thing. My skin has always improved when I work out, which I did consistently for the past 10 years. Your best bet is to workout light for a week or two and then go high volume/intensity and see the difference.

I know one thing for sure, when I started playing basketball again for cardio a couple years ago, I started breaking out. As soon as I stopped, my skin cleared up. So it might have something to do with sweating. Luckily I do not sweat that much when I lift weights, cardio is a whole 'nother story.

I'm sure you probably do this already, but if you don't, bring a towel with you and wipe off the excess sweat, might make a difference.

Fox: Yeah I felt the same way about Colostrum when I was taking it, I noticed my skin healed super fast, but it was only getting a little bit better, perhaps I didn't give it long enough either, I think I was on it for a month.

Singh: I have/had a couple things working against me in regards to weight. One is I injured my shoulder and bicep pretty severely, to the point where I was out of the gym for over 6 months. I also quit taking the high calorie protein shakes I was using 3x a day and all my supplements (creatine, glutamine etc). So just from that I lost 5-6 lbs. When I first started out on the anti-candida diet I wasn't tracking my macro nutrients or daily calories. I noticed I was losing even more weight, another 4-5 lbs. Once I tracked everything I realized I was only eating 1,300-1,500 calories a day!! So at that point (little over a month ago) I had lost 10-12lbs since I went on this restrictive diet, quit working out and stopped all my supplements.

Over the past month I've slowly increased my calories by incorporating more carbs (from veggies) and more healthy fat. I'm now up to 2,200-2,300 calories a day. I'll probably go up to about to around 2,800-3,000 calories a day. I'm sure I've gained some weight back, but I haven't weighed myself in nearly 3 weeks. I've also started working out again with very light weight to rehab my injury.

Even if I stayed at 1,500 calories a day I don't think I would have lost anymore weight, your body will level out at its ideal weight.

I'm not too worried about the weight I've lost, I'm already gaining some of it back and I'm sure I'll be able to gain weight even easier once I'm finished with this program.

Its definitely NOT the restricted calories that cleared my skin up. I was eating 3,000 calories a day on average prior to all this, I'll be close to that in another month or so and even by increasing my calories by 500-700 over the past month my skin has stayed 100% clear.

---------------------------------------------

Added in Pau D'Arco tea to my regime over the past couple nights. It comes from a tree bark and has a grainy, woody taste to it. I throw in a tbsp of coconut oil and drink it right before bed. Hard to tell if its doing anything as of yet, although I did wake up feeling a little flu-ish. I'll keep note of my symptoms while on this....

Now that I've been up to 6 tbsps of Coconut Oil a day, I'm going to go buy some Oil of Oreganol later this week in liquid form. I'll most likely start taking that this weekend as I've heard its very good for the white coated tongue. Been keeping a close tab on my tongue and its definitey a thin coating now as opposed to the avalanche snow fall it was before. Its almost a U shape from the middle of my tonight to the back. The front is completely clear....

After I start the Oregano I'm going to start detoxing with Bentonite Clay/Psyllium for about a month. I can't decide if I'm going to do a liver flush or not, I have heard conflicting info on it and Brenton even mentioned that he got one of the "stones" he passed analyzed and it was just bile and olive oil.

On a side note I've been using AHA on my red marks and they are fading but at a snail's pace.... The left side of my face is almost flawless, except for one small red mark that is fading. The right side of my face has two pesky red marks that are also slowly fading. I've been doing some research on chemical peels (glycolic and lactic) and will most likely order a at home kit (pretty cheap 30-40 bucks) or see if I can find a deal on it at a med-spa, I have a couple hook ups at local spas.

Other than that, I'm just getting burned out with my food lately... I definitely need to look up new recipes. There's only so much onion, garlic, crushed red pepper, basil, cayenne and black pepper you can use before you get a little tired of it! LOL

PANIC

Edited by Panic!!

Hey man don't quit the colostrum.

Mine definitely got worse but 4 weeks later it is looking much better. I am not completely clear but the colostrum has improved my skin alot and I get alot more energy from it.

Give it at least 4 weeks, start slow. It's worth it.

What brand were you using and how much were you taking?

I found splitting the doses, 3g in the morning, 3g at night lessened any intial breakout.

Panic!: Which brand of Pau D'Arco tea do you use and where did you get it?

Yes, I have to find some new recepies myself, I'm getting kinda tired of salmon/broccoli/onions and salads. haha.

greatwhite: I have decided to quit the colostrum because I can't really wait for months at the moment to see if it might help. I don't doubt that it has some good ingredients for leaky gut and candida, but it just doesn't seem natural for grown humans to ingest the early milk produced by cows during the first several days after the calf's birth.

Can you please post your progress in this thread and if you indeed clear from Colostrum I might consider adding it back into my regime.

I were taking symbiotics capsules, started out on 2 pills in the morning and two before bed without food.

I read somewhere that for higher effectivity of Oregano Oil, it has to be (pre-)mixed with another Oil (for example olive oil). So don't take the water solution, look for the oil blend

and Panic! How will you do your colon cleanse? I have Psyllium Husk powder and bentonite clay (liquid)

Also what's AHA? I remember Brenton recommending mandelic acid for the red mark, I just can't seem to find it...

Edited by acne_combat

Fox: I'm using Traditional Medicines for the Pau D'Arco, I picked it up along with some Dandelion tea at my local health food store.

Combat: Yeah I've read that as well, Oregano by itself is super strong and irritating to the mucus membranes. I plan on putting a bit on my toothbrush and finally going to go grab that tongue scraper. I feel like once I can completely get rid of this white coated tongue then I'll feel a lot better. However, I know its a process and it'll be gone when the time is right.

Yeah for the colon cleanse I'm going to be doing the same thing; Psyllium/Bentonite Clay. The most popular way to do it is to have one shake a day for a couple days and then increase it to 4-5 a day, I'm guessing I'll probably do 3-4 a day max for about a month. Only guidelines I saw were to make sure to do it on an empty stomach at least an hour apart from meals. I'm still not sure about the liver flush as I mentioned since I've heard some conflicting stuff on them, but I'll make up my mind on that soon too.

AHA = Alpha Hydroxy Acid which is the family of: glycolic, mandelic and salicylic acid. I've been using mandelic acid for a couple months now and it definitely works. Luckily even though I was breaking out in cystic acne, my skin does not scar at all! Knock on wood for that! The mandelic acid does a really nice job in evening out skin tone and gives it a healthy shine, not like an oily mess. I'm completely confident that if I just continue to use the mandelic acid or even do nothing that my red marks will eventually fade on their own. However I'm an impatient fuvk (haha) and I want them gone now!!! Been doing more research on chemical peels and will most likely start out with either a lactic or glycolic acid peel around 30-40%. From what I've read, its best to start out on these very minor peels before doing anything stronger like a TCA peel. As I said I only have red marks, no scarring at all, so my guess is a series of lactic or glycolic peels will get me to 100% flawless skin. They also mention its best to prep the skin by using a mild AHA cleanser for a couple weeks before you do the peel. I'm thinking using mandelic acid at 10% for the past two months qualifies for the prep.

I'm going to do all the detoxing before I do the peels, just want to get everything out of the way before I tackle the red marks and who knows, maybe in another month they'll be gone and I won't have to worry about it.

PANIC

I read this, and it ...disturbed me:

On the anti-candida diet you should

"Avoid all alcohol, margarine, heated oils / fats, hydrogenated fats as these compromise the immune system. If you want the occasional fried food use olive or coconut oil, use a very low heat and keep a lid on the pan. Include something e.g. onions in the pan to provide plenty of water vapour to keep the temperature of the oil as low as possible. Burnt food, especially oils are immunosuppressive and toxic".

I thought coconut oil would be fine, for frying chicken and turkey etc.

Balls! MotherF******88****8*************

No more frying? Damn, it's what's keeping me sane.

Hmmm carrots are suppose to be a big no no on the Candida Diet bro. And it looks like your having quite a few each day. Carrots and beets have high sugar... might wanna lay off of those because it could be hindering your progess.

Also you mentioned Coconuts; are you eating the meat of the coconut and drinking the water? I love Coconuts, but definitely tastes like there's a good amount of natural sugar in them?

Also not sure if someone already asked you this but; how do you think you got Candida? I've read about so many different ways you can possibly get it and its a bit confusing especially for guys.

PANIC

I thought eggs were acceptable on the anti candida diet??

Carrots:Yes, I know carrots aren't the best on an anti-candida diet. However, they are very cheap and only contains 9 grams of carbs(5 grams suger and 4 grams fiber) per 100 grams so I don't feel they are hindering my progress. Also I usually only eat 2 per day, but I will consider eating even less of them.

Coconuts: Usually I only eat the meat, but today I drank the water too. Yes, they do conatin a fair amount of carbohydrates, but it's mostly dietary fiber. The reason I find them acceptable on the diet is because it contains Caprylic Acid and Lauric Acid which are antifungals so I hope it does more good than harm. In Vitro Killing of Candida albicans by Fatty Acids and Monoglycerides

I checked the info on Coconut Meat, Raw in the USDA nutritional analysis and it contains 2,346 % Caprylic Acid per 100 gram and 14.858 % Lauric Acid. Caprylic Acid is listed as 8:0 under Fatty Acids and Lauric Acid as 12:0.

Usually I eat 1 coconut which is about 300 grams of coconut meat and that's roughly 7 grams of Caprylic Acid and 45 grams of Lauric Acid

How I got candida: To be honest I don't really know, but I think it might be related to hardcore overeating on grains, eggs, fruits and more when I started Bodybuilding. Slowly acne and stomach issues appeared and eating eggs, oats and more began to give me serious digestive problems.

Probiotics: I just bought Udo's Choice Super 8 which is supposed to be very good for yeast overgrowth.

Also I like the feedback a lot and I'm wondering if you guys see any foods that I don't eat and that I should add to my diet?

My tip to people who's unsure if they have candida or aren't willing to do the diet

Try the diet for one-two weeks together with crushed garlic(several cloves a day) and coconut oil(several tbls a day). Also consider a stronger antifungal like Olive Leaf, Oregano Oil, Grapefruit Seed Extract if you want to know if candida is your problem quick

If you follow the diet and use quality supplements you will experience die-off(can include acne, diarrhea, headaches, flu, dizziness) during the first week. If you don't, in my opinion you don't have candida overgrowth.

If you think after this week you have candida overgrowth and want to fully commit to the diet you should slow down on the antifungals and slowly start the diet so you're not doing everything at once.

Good luck and if someone try this for one week please post your results in the thread.

Wow, thank you for your forum! I just started doing an anti candida diet hard core this past week.. I have gone on/off the same type diet for the past three months but whenever I eat something sugary I break out again.

After two days doing anti candida, I felt cold (flu) like symptoms, and have been more tired. It could be from not consuming any carbs, or it could indeed be die off. Thank you, only wondering if you have any "after" pictures??

My tip to people who's unsure if they have candida or aren't willing to do the diet

Try the diet for one-two weeks together with crushed garlic(several cloves a day) and coconut oil(several tbls a day). Also consider a stronger antifungal like Olive Leaf, Oregano Oil, Grapefruit Seed Extract if you want to know if candida is your problem quick

If you follow the diet and use quality supplements you will experience die-off(can include acne, diarrhea, headaches, flu, dizziness) during the first week. If you don't, in my opinion you don't have candida overgrowth.

If you think after this week you have candida overgrowth and want to fully commit to the diet you should slow down on the antifungals and slowly start the diet so you're not doing everything at once.

Good luck and if someone try this for one week please post your results in the thread.

Wow, thank you for your forum! I just started doing an anti candida diet hard core this past week.. I have gone on/off the same type diet for the past three months but whenever I eat something sugary I break out again.

After two days doing anti candida, I felt cold (flu) like symptoms, and have been more tired. It could be from not consuming any carbs, or it could indeed be die off. Thank you, only wondering if you have any "after" pictures??

For me the most severe die-off started when I began to use Olive Leaf Extract. Strong antifungals like oregano Oil, OLE, GSE and more often cause hardcore die-off.

No, I don't really take pictures of my skin. Sorry. Look in Brenton's thread if you want pic from someone who's done the anti-candida diet.

Edited by White Fox

Funny that were talking about die off and I was literally knocked the fuvk out yesterday due to die off from the Pau D' Arco tea. I followed the instructions and poured the steaming hot water into a cup with the tea bag and let it sit for about 5-8 minutes. However after doing more research many people advocate letting it sit there for as long as an hour!! They say the longer you let it sit the stronger its yeast killing properties become.

So I took a break from it two nights ago and went back to it last night and let it sit for nearly an hour. I add in tbsp of Coconut Oil and take it right before bed.

The die off I had was just a real run down flu-ish feeling. I wanted to go to the gym but just didn't feel like I had enough in me. I feel much much better today!

I'm going to go pick up some Oil of Oregano today and I'm anticipating more die off. I'm really getting this mainly because I heard it can help with thrush. I will most likely rotate Pau D' Arco and Oregano, at least at the start so I don't get severe die off all at once. Also going to go pick up some Bentonite Clay and Psyllium Husk Powder so I can start planning for my detox. I'll most likely start this the following week after I get use to the Oregano.

ramiejae: Your probably getting carb withdrawal more than die off at this point, although it could be some die off as well. I know for me I had pretty bad joint and muscle pain within a couple days of starting on the diet and Coconut Oil. I'm sure your anxious to get rid of the yeast, but I highly encourage you to go s-l-o-w-l-y on transitioning over to this diet. Its tough, mentally draining at times and if you go to fast you'll be more likely to get frustrated and severe die off, which isn't fun. Although after I get the die off I tend to feel great and get excited because I feel like I'm getting closer to my goal! LOL

PANIC

Okay so I have been reading and reading and reading about White Coated Tongue, Thrush, Oral Candida whatever the heck you wanna call it.

I've heard so many different things are potentially good for it from Grapefruit Seed Extract, Oregano, Coconut Oil and Garlic. Well spent some time over at curezone today and saw that it was recommended to use sea salt. Gargle with it diluted in water, then put some on your toothbrush and brush your tongue. I did this earlier today around 3pm. Its now 10:45pm and while I still have a teenie weenie bit in the middle of my tongue and on the edges, 90% of my tongue is pink for the first time in forever!

Not only that, but I don't have that bad breath taste on my mouth as much, I can only taste it on the back edges. Prior to this I couldn't really feel my tongue with the roof of my mouth because it was coated most of time.

Now I know this isn't a cure for it and I'm expecting it to be coated somewhat again when I wake up but damn pretty impressive results. If its still this good, then I might have to assume that my coated tongue my not be related to candida as Fox had mentioned earlier.

We shall see, just wanted to pass that tip along.

Getting my calories up there slowly but surely, took in 2,400 yesterday and my skin is flawless. I'm going to order a set of Lactic Acid Peels in a few weeks after I get done with my colon cleanse and potential liver flush to get rid of the few red marks I have.

So on deck I've got:

New Anti-fungal: potentially Oregano or Goldenseal (really want to get rid of the thrush for good)

Colon Cleanse for one month

Liver Flush (leaning towards it now because if the tongue is an indication of congested internals I wanna flush them out as best as I can)

Pro-biotics

PANIC