Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gfunk

First week in Uni and im allready missing lectures....

So everything was going well for the 2 weeks ive moved out of my parents house and into a dorm to start uni. This was my first week of lectures and up until today i was happy going to lectures with somewhat clear skin, no cysts or whiteheads like a usually had 3-4 weeks ago.

Then i wake up this morning. This MONSTER of a cyst is throbbing read on my forehead, i would say about 4 cm in diameter. Im just like omg f*** S*** B*** .... I start getting a little depressed and go back into bed and sleep until 1pm. Now i feel stupid because i missed the lectures and im allready behind on my first week of uni which is NOT what i wanted.

Why why why did this cyst jump at me out of nowhere when i thought life was going good?????

That's how acne works.

Important date? Bam, acne.

Important interview? Bam, acne.

Sitting at home doing nothing for a month? Bam, you're clear the entire time!

Don't worry though. I've skipped hundreds of hours of lecture and still have a GPA > 3.5. The trick is to learn how to self-teach the material to yourself.

I'm behind in school because of acne also. Acne is the only thing thats on my mind. If that was me, I would have worn a cap to cover it, but thats just my way of thinking. Hope you feel better

I know acne sucks..... but I really don't think you should use it as an excuse to skip class. Iv'e had to go to countless classes during a breakout. Last semester I had to give a speech during my worst breakout of the year. Not only that but I was wearing a suit and it was really hot so I was sweating like crazy. I wanted to diee. But I did it and got an A (: If you have acne you're going to have to learn to operate in the world with it.

I know acne sucks..... but I really don't think you should use it as an excuse to skip class. Iv'e had to go to countless classes during a breakout. Last semester I had to give a speech during my worst breakout of the year. Not only that but I was wearing a suit and it was really hot so I was sweating like crazy. I wanted to diee. But I did it and got an A (: If you have acne you're going to have to learn to operate in the world with it.

Agreed. Allowing acne to stop you from living is ridiculous.

I know i shouldnt, this is actually the first time ive missed school due to acne... its because this is the biggest cyst ive ever had before, i cant stand looking in the mirror.