Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
georgiapants

should i see a doctor/dermatologist?

just my opinion, if it's getting worst week after week with your current regime, then you should definitely go to the docs. if it's getting better, then stick with BP.

if you have not tried antibiotics before, i'm sure they will be effective for your case.

Yeah. Always go to the doctor. Acne isn't something to take lightly..often scars.

You need some more stuff---get retin-a in your regimen.

Also buy the clarisonic brush which removes makeup much better than anything else.

10% BP is pretty harsh. I'd get the 5% gel that acne.org sells and get on the acne.org regimen.

Yeah. Always go to the doctor. Acne isn't something to take lightly..often scars.

Also buy the clarisonic brush which removes makeup much better than anything else.

10% BP is pretty harsh. I'd get the 5% gel that acne.org sells and get on the acne.org regimen.

The acne.org BP is 2.5%

The acne.org BP is 2.5%

Yeah...that's what I use. Its 2.5%--but for that's for doing a regimen. The other one that I use is clenziderm which is 5%.

Lots of people think more is better when combating their acne; In my opinion your drying your skin out waaaaaaaay too much with that strength of BP.

I'd go to a 2.5% solution as others have mentioned and make sure you use a good moisturizer. I can't recommend Jojoba Oil enough, it also fights acne and will make your skin flake free from the BP.

Also since acne runs in your family have you thought about a food intolerance as he cause??? I had a sudden break out about 6 months ago that persisted until just recently when I realized that gluten was driving my skin crazy after eating it without much incident in the past.

Look into gluten, soy, nuts, egg and dairy; many people cure their acne by simple eliminating these one or more of these products from their diet.

Good luck,

PANIC

your own type of condition is hereditary dont think of curing it cause it wil not go permanently all what you are using will be causing more harm than good the best thing you can do is to maintain visit

your bp concentration is too high. it must have damaged your skin cells leaving them weak against bacterial infections. Try Carley's 2% bp. It took a couple months for me to see results but that result lasted 7 years...

If it actually starts scaring i'ld suggest trying something else. Seeing as how you've already been using BP for alot of years. You could try getting duac from a dr, which is a combo of bp + clindamycin, which works decent. Maybe also accutane? Im not sure if yours is bad enough but im a fan of it, atleast right now where my sideeffects aren't bad at all lol :)

If you beg a dermatoligist they would give you accutane. However if your mother is against birth control pills - then shes going to have a problem with you taking accutane. On my packets of this drug it has warnings all over it, for instance: "This drug is a kwown toxin, taranogen and potential carcinogen"

Do dans regimen. TRUST ME, it will work for you. Just follow the steps to a T for 3 months. If that doesnt work then consider alternatives. Most people dont believe that something so simple can work but it will if you follow it as he states. You should see GREAT results with the regimen! DO IT!!!

Benzoyl Peroxide is really irritating and caused my skin to go bright red. It has also been found to create free radicals within the skin, potentially leading to collegan depletion and premature aging. Honestly i am on roaccutane: the side effects in my opinion are easier to deal with than those of benzoyl peroxide.

With all due respect, she clearly stated that she has been using benzoyl peroxide for some time, if she had not i wouldnt of recommended The Regimen. I would much rather have clear skin and eventually ween myself off of BP than to ingest a medicine with more serious side effects than wrinkles. I mean if you want to take it to side effects. There are arguments on both sides of the issue that say BP is good and that its not, but i guarantee the side effects of harsher drugs like accutane are actual medical side effects that HAVE been proven to be caused by ingesting a specific drug.

I think you should really consider Dans regimen, not because i have and many of us seen improvement but because AT LEAST it takes you to a place where you can control your acne and if its not something that you want to do for then consider alternatives and if your mother, who loves you, doesnt want you to resort to medicine that could potentially make the problem much worse in the long run then listen to her, i think that The regimen is not solely effective because of the products it uses but rather the whole waiting and applying trick that seems to agree with what your body needs. Try it. At this point, whats the alternative?

Dont be too scared of side effects on Minocycline. I was on it for over 4 years and never had any noticeable side effects. It was great for me. It cleared up my back and face really well. It is definately worth a shot. Good Luck!