Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NuXuXu

My Best Acne Makeup Find EVER!

i had tried every makeup known to women in the drugstores that was made for acne-prone skin. i won't even bother going through the extensive list, i'm sure you've all tried the same things if you are reading this right now. basically, i was unable to wear foundation makeup for 5 years because Everything made my skin break out, but i would try every time they came out with something new only to be disappointed once again. finally i found something completely different on an internet search called REZAMID that is made by summers laboratories, which is a small company which makes skin care products developed by dermatologists. i have been using rezamid for about 4 years now and i can't imagine going without it. it gives me the ability to even out my skin tone and cover redness plus it keeps my oily skin from getting shiny without using powder. it takes a little getting used to at first, because it has a different consistency than that of your usual foundation, base or whatever word you want to use. you need to apply it a bit quicker since it dries faster than what you are used to, but trust me once you get the hang of applying it and get past the first week or so of use when it can be a bit drying you'll be glad you found it. since rezamid contains sulfur i use almay concealer on my eye area. this is the web site

www.sumlab.com

Thank you!

I looked at their site and wrote them an e-mail to learn whether they ship their products to Europe or not. YES, they ship but you have to pay for shipping of course!

But I couldn't decide which one to buy.

I want something that covers up, to use it daily like foundation and fights with acne.

The one you mentioned is this one i guess: http://www.sumlab.com/shop/acne/rezamid.asp

But I also looked at this:

http://www.sumlab.com/shop/acne/liquimat.asp

Have you tried Liquimat?

Couldn't really understand the real difference. I don't know which one is closer my needs rolleyes.gif

i tried the liqiumat as well of course (i'll try anything when it comes to this acne problem!) but it didn't seem to work as well for me as the rezamid. it didn't seem to let my skin breathe enough as i like. of course everyone is different and you might have a different result, but if you have enough money i would suggest trying both. i don't know how much they want for shipping to the u.k. but i'm guessing that ordering the 2 items at once would make it less than individually.

also, i forgot to mention that i do use the rezamid as my daily foundation. it doesn't have the same coverage level of the thick foundations and pancake makeup that alot of people use to cover their acne, but i was never able to use any of those without making my acne ten times worse anyway! but in any case once i started using rezamid i continued to use my almay acne prone concealer on the really red spots on top of the rezamid which i use all over my face however i found myself needing less and less concealer the longer i used the rezamid, since the sulfur really works great for me in drying up my oily skin. i think the real difference between the two is the sulfur, which is also the main ingredient in the proactiv refining mask which i use as an overnight spot treatment when i feel a pimple coming on.

oops, need to correct my last post. i checked the site again and it turns out that they both have sulfur, but the rezamid has the resorcinol. honestly it was a few years ago when i tried the liquimat and i just remember that personally i preferred the rezamid because the liqiumat seemed more "makeupy feeling" and it didn't feel as good on my face and didn't seem to dry up the oiliness as well, but like i said everyone is different. i really hope you have good luck whatever you decide to do. after dealing with this for the last 12 years i can relate to the frustration and confusion with all the options out there. just stay positive and know that eventually you will find out what works for you and what doesn't.

Thanks again!

I both want shine control and good coverage and healing at the same time smile.gif

Liquimat =$13 + Rezamid=$17 + shipping= (around) $20 -to Europe- = $50

Maybe I should take trial version of one of them? Couldn't decide yet...

I will give the order next month I hope, right now I'm on tight budget rolleyes.gif

I decided to give the liquimat a try. I found it a bit cheaper with good shipping from some yahoo store. I'm in the process of looking for another foundation (one that controls oil a bit better now that it's so hot out - mine's been 'melting'); I also wanted to try a sulfur acne treatment (it's the one I haven't really tried yet) - so I didn't have much to lose.

i had tried every makeup known to women in the drugstores that was made for acne-prone skin. i won't even bother going through the extensive list, i'm sure you've all tried the same things if you are reading this right now. basically, i was unable to wear foundation makeup for 5 years because Everything made my skin break out, but i would try every time they came out with something new only to be disappointed once again.  finally i found something completely different on an internet search called REZAMID that is made by summers laboratories, which is a small company which makes skin care products developed by dermatologists. i have been using rezamid for about 4 years now and i can't imagine going without it. it gives me the ability to even out my skin tone and cover redness plus it keeps my oily skin from getting shiny without using powder. it takes a little getting used to at first, because it has a different consistency than that of your usual foundation, base or whatever word you want to use. you need to apply it a bit quicker since it dries faster than what you are used to, but trust me once you get the hang of applying it and get past the first week or so of use when it can be a bit drying you'll be glad you found it. since rezamid contains sulfur i use almay concealer on my eye area. this is the web site

www.sumlab.com

i know what you mean about the disappearing makeup, but even with my oily skin the rezamid stays put all day. it's not like regular makeup. it's hard to explain, but i'm 28 years old and i don't know of anything in the drugstores that can come close to this stuff. it doesn't have the heavy coverage alot of people with acne think they should use to hide their acne, but i never did agree with that approach. personally, i always thought that the "pancake makeup" strategy makes people look even worse as well as exacerbates the inflammation. my skin needs to be able to "breathe". the rezamid evens out the redness of my fair skin and at the same time it's an effective treatment. like i said before it works for me, but everybody is different. i just wanted to recommend this to people because i know the frustration of trying every single makeup in the drugstore and not having anything work.